2017 In Review

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Hey guys, this was incredibly overdue, but with all the sheer amount of back-end work I've been doing lately, it got pushed off a few months. As always, at the beginning of the new year, I like to share some interesting statistics and facts that might be interesting to some!

Skill Surf:
  • In 2017, we had 116,199 unique players from 142 different countries. This is a growth increase of 26% since the previous year.
  • We have been gaining international traction - the percentage of players connecting from the USA and Canada has decreased by 3%, and 1% respectively, being distributed to other non-NA countries.
  • The most popular day in 2017 was August 6th, where we had 4,229 connections to our Surf servers.
  • The quietest day we had was on April 25th, where we only had 1,239 connections. This was due to an update Valve released that broke just about everything, so the servers were unplayable for the better part of that evening.
  • The player with the most time on the surf servers has 1,529 hours (lifetime of the server).
  • We currently have 610 maps in rotation throughout all of our servers, this is up 166 since last year when I made the year in review post.
  • The most popular map by playtime was surf_kitsune, with a whopping 4,096 hours played. That is 170 days worth of playing Kitsune. Yikes.
Competitive Servers:
  • In 2017, we had 81,829 unique players from 121 different countries. This is a 29.3% increase over 2016.
  • The percentage of players connecting from the US/CA remained almost identical to the previous year, with only a deviation of .03%. Expect this distribution to change drastically in 2018, with the addition of the EU servers.
  • The most popular day was May 13th, with 3,612 connections - this was mainly due to a CS:GO update that was released late the previous evening, and we were (one of) the first servers to get everything from the update fixed, hence we were one of the only set of servers that were actually functioning.
  • The slowest day we had was September 7th with a mere 508 connections - this was also due to a CS:GO update that broke lots of things.
  • During the year, we have added a few more competitive servers, FFA DM & a Retakes server. I wish to continue to grow our competitive community in the coming months!
KZ Server:
  • I actually want to give a special shout out to the KZ community. We had a KZ server up until August 4th 2016, when I had to make the decision to axe it. The server was seeing next to no population and KZTimer was (and still is) extremely inefficient, basically utilizing precious resources that could go to something that would see more players. Since then, I decided to give it another go back in mid March of 2017, and it's absolutely blown up since. #kzisnotdead
  • In 2017, we had 23,674 unique players from 110 different countries.
  • The most poppin' day we've had was December 9th, with 1,076 connections. While this may not seem like a lot, remember that for the duration of 2017, this was the only KZ server we had - and with a 28 slot limit. That being said, that's pretty huge.
  • The most popular map by playtime was kz_colors_v2, by a massive margin. The map had 2145 hours worth of playtime (89 days), which was more than double the #2 map (kz_phamous @ 907h).
Miscellaneous:
  • We had 1,945 automatic anticheat bans in 2017, this does not include manual bans. This is a staggering 791% increase from 2016. Granted, since 2016, our anticheat detection methods are much greater and servers have seen many more players, however this is still an insane number. This is over 5 cheaters banned every day.
  • 915 alternate accounts of cheaters have attempted to rejoin and have gotten auto-banned.
  • We've gained over 500 members in Discord in 2017
I could go on with more stats, but I've got stuff to do! As always, thanks for an awesome 2017 guys. 2018 is already shaping up to be a banger! :emoji_call_me:

Frumpy

Admin
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Events Team
Reaction score
Boi. It's March smh

Dom

Reaction score
Love seeing the Movement Cheat Detected bans, keep up the good work :)

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now