Accepted/Completed 6 v 4 or 7 v 3 on retakes

Evol

Reaction score
Is this suppose to be normal? There are also rounds where its 7 CT vs 3 T.

4fa42056e0bcc3b49d9c56fac03df674.png

kyle

Former Staff
Former Staff
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
That happened to me before. Some of the people said it's because of the VIP slots. But I'm not 100%

Storm Ex

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Reaction score
everybody wins.. no losers here bud

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Generally speaking only a 5v4 is possible, however we do have a plugin that allows VIP's to 'skip the queue' and get forced into the game. It looks like the main Retakes plugin doesn't know what to do when that happens (since the max is set to 9 in game), and is not properly balancing the teams, so I'll have to look into this.

Evol

Reaction score
eh, i mean even if its VIP should be 5v5 lol

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score

Evol

Reaction score
sneaK sneaK also I don't know if you know but sometimes after you defuse the bomb and go to the next round you get swap the other team with only a pistol. The only way to fix this is to redo you gun selection.

solareclipz

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
Guess I will mark this as "feedback" as it covers both bug/request.

Twice today (noticed it before too. Just finally mentioning it as i think it killed the server.), both in retakes #1 and #2 I've noticed the message "teams have been scrambled after winning 6" In which they don't scramble. Or if they do, they keep positive k/d players on the same team while switching the two lowest players (could be middle players if server is full.) It's already bad enough that if you are on a winning streak that you can just lose 1 round to "reset" the 6 round counter to go another six winning rounds with the same players (or the whole map timer if you lose 1 every few rounds). I've seen a lot of people leave due to this. It feels like the "scramble" is either in your favor and you're paired with good players, or more often than not fighting an uphill battle (and I do REALLY mean uphill battle) against the people who are paired good.

I am not sure what the "scramble" terms(logic) are(is), or why there is no "if" statement conditions to prevent not scrambling the teams by losing one round (I.E. Win 11 /L 1 with same people (or W 15/ L 2) Seen a lot of 18/3 recently too). But if that's the case, may I recommend changing 6 winning rounds in a row to 4. Or just "scramble" teams after 4 rounds no matter what as other servers have done to try and combat some of the bugs for TDM/retakes. I am all for a challenge, but three to four +3(or higher) k/d ratio against myself and four -2(or lower) k/d ratio is not fun for anyone.

Side note. With that above, for over 6 rounds it was 3 ct's vs 4 t's who, well, had the better paired team. (scrambled moved one ct, with one t, which still had 3 ct's vs 4 t's, but switched the lowest player on both teams... o_O)

Just a thought, please feel free to flame this topic/me, as I am sure it has been mentioned before and is a terrible idea/s. :D:emoji_ok_hand:

BTW: Nice touch on the DMG report at the start of the round. :emoji_thumbsup:

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks solareclipz solareclipz , I went ahead and merged your thread with the other one here.

As above, the mis-balanced teams I suspect have to do with the VIP priority queue, which I have gotten some help fixing a couple issues on tonight, and will continue to do so tomorrow.

That being said, the scrambler isn't exactly ideal, as it is entirely random, like shuffling a deck. The chance of it being the EXACT same teams is actually a possibility due to it being random, albeit a rare one. Tonight I have lowered the consecutive win counter down to 5, and will consider 4 after some observation.

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
I've updated the VIP priority queue plugin, there should no longer ever be situations of more than 9 players on T/CT at any given time. I tested it for a couple map changes and it seemed to be working as intended, please let me know if you still see any issues!

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?