Kuiq

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Events Team
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
Map looks nice however it doesn't look compatible with our 1v1 plugin
(I'm not a 1v1 mapper and I'm also not 100% positive this is the plugin we use so I could be wrong)
mobs2r mobs2r Will probably give you some help if you ask :)

This is taken from the github page

Guidelines for making a multi-1v1 map:
  • Create 1 arena and test it well, and when are you happy copy it
  • Create a bunch of arenas, I'd recommend making at least 16
  • The players shouldn't be able to see each other on spawn
  • Each group of spawns (e.g. all CT spawns in arena 1) must be within 1600.0 units of each other, this is required to cluster spawns into the arenas and not configurable
  • Ensure that the arenas are sufficiently far apart so players don't hear shooting in other arenas
  • If you want to edit your map, it's easiest to delete all but 1 arena and re-copy them. Be warned this can cause issues with the game's lighting and clients may crash the first time they load the new map if they had downloaded the old one previously
  • You should avoid areas where it's easy for 1 player to hide; ideally they should have to cover multiple angles if they sit in one spot
  • Here is an example map: am_grass2.vmf
  • The cvar sm_multi1v1_verbose_spawns can be set to 1 to log information about how the spawns were partitioned into arenas on map changes

mbhound

Admin
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Nice map! Should be pretty easy to make the am version. Just copy the map 16 times and space them out in the grid. Make sure there isn't anything that get's messed up when you copy paste.

MisterCheezy

Reaction score
Map looks nice however it doesn't look compatible with our 1v1 plugin
(I'm not a 1v1 mapper and I'm also not 100% positive this is the plugin we use so I could be wrong)
mobs2r mobs2r Will probably give you some help if you ask :)

This is taken from the github page

Guidelines for making a multi-1v1 map:
  • Create 1 arena and test it well, and when are you happy copy it
  • Create a bunch of arenas, I'd recommend making at least 16
  • The players shouldn't be able to see each other on spawn
  • Each group of spawns (e.g. all CT spawns in arena 1) must be within 1600.0 units of each other, this is required to cluster spawns into the arenas and not configurable
  • Ensure that the arenas are sufficiently far apart so players don't hear shooting in other arenas
  • If you want to edit your map, it's easiest to delete all but 1 arena and re-copy them. Be warned this can cause issues with the game's lighting and clients may crash the first time they load the new map if they had downloaded the old one previously
  • You should avoid areas where it's easy for 1 player to hide; ideally they should have to cover multiple angles if they sit in one spot
  • Here is an example map: am_grass2.vmf
  • The cvar sm_multi1v1_verbose_spawns can be set to 1 to log information about how the spawns were partitioned into arenas on map changes
Hey Kuiq, I'm currently working on the map and I'm confused about what exactly to do with the spawns. Do I give each arena priority spawns? For example, arena 1 would have 1 Ct spawn and 1 T spawn both set to priority 1, the next arena set to priority 2 and so on. Would this be correct? or does the mod automatically determine who goes where?

If you could help me out that would be great!

mbhound

Admin
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Don't worry about the spawn priority because the plugin will handle spawns automatically. As long as you follow those guidelines you should be good. Make sure there's enough space between each copy of your arena so you can't hear gun shots.

1v1 map makers generally have two versions of their maps
aim - one arena typically with guns on the ground to play with friends
am - multiple arenas usually 16 meant for 1v1 plugin

MisterCheezy

Reaction score
Don't worry about the spawn priority because the plugin will handle spawns automatically. As long as you follow those guidelines you should be good. Make sure there's enough space between each copy of your arena so you can't hear gun shots.

1v1 map makers generally have two versions of their maps
aim - one arena typically with guns on the ground to play with friends
am - multiple arenas usually 16 meant for 1v1 plugin
Okay thanks mbhound! When I release the am version should I make another thread on here for it?

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?