am_moon 3D skybox issue

Jackond12

Reaction score
Hello, I've been making this map for a while now and I've just got around to duplicating the one arena into 16. I would love to see this map added once I solve these issues :)

E80F1D5674733692E0EE2194493F654712C71F1E
B4A3624605B01A611F787647677B76E47F8BE883

Here's a link to the workshop page

I have an issue where the 3D skybox looks strange in any arena, besides the one that is at 0,0,0. (0,0,0 because that's what the sky_camera location is set to).
This is what the broken 3D skybox looks like.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to fix this. Let me know if anyone has questions.

Last edited:

Frumpy

Admin
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Events Team
Reaction score
I think you should change the floor inside to add contrast :)

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
To Frumpy's point - player visibility is very important on arena maps. Looks great!

mbhound

Admin
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Cool aesthetic for the map!

Based on your screenshots it looks like you only have one 3d skybox. I would try making your arena with the scaled up 3d skybox. Then copy the arena 16 times with the scaled up 3d skybox and space them out. This may be difficult since the 3d skybox scaled up is really large. Then try selecting the 3d skyboxes, scaling them down and placing them all in one room with the sky camera. You would need to make sure you couldn't see the skybox for other arenas in your current arena (you may be able to just wall them off with the 2d skybox texture). I have never tested it so it may not work.

If that doesn't work, I would recommend just making the extended area smaller and part of the actual map.

As far as the actual map, it looks pretty good. However, I would strongly recommend changing the spawns in the middle where you can see each other's heads at the start of the round. People dislike angles like this as there is a freeze time and it's just seeing who clicks the first. I would suggest either removing the middle spawn or making the box taller.

To Frumpy's point - player visibility is very important on arena maps. Looks great!

Also, to add to Frumpy and Sneak's points, player visibility is by far the most important aspect of a 1v1 map. The floor texture isn't as important, but the texture of the background is. I think this map is probably fine for visibility, but just be mindful of how the player characters look in contrast to the background.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?