No Change/Rejected Can we change the map vote buttons?

btg

Reaction score
I'm usually in a fight when the map vote comes up and I switch from my knife to my gun and just end up voting a random map (or no vote). Can we change it to 5678 etc? thnx

rapperdan

Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
would be nice if you could just turn off the option to vote for maps I smash the fuck outta my 1 key when it pops up in my face tbh I don't think a lot of people even vote.

Lifeline

Former Staff
Former Staff
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
on retakes I hear a lot of people complain about it popping up on there screen and messing them up. I dont have a problem with it myself but I can see how others might

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
I'm usually in a fight when the map vote comes up and I switch from my knife to my gun and just end up voting a random map (or no vote). Can we change it to 5678 etc? thnx
Which server?

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Just a follow up: Slots 2 & 3 are blocked to avoid mis-voting because of weapon switches, and slot 1 no-vote for convenience.
7yhUZi.png

If you find yourself choosing the wrong option, you can use !revote while the mapvote is still active. In Arenas, times between rounds are <1 second, with a freezetime of 2-3 seconds. Timing a mapvote to come up at an 'inactive' time is near impossible, since the purpose of Arenas is to keep the action flowing continuously.

What would be your suggestion to have a better experience?

Vexxology ツ

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
would be nice if you could just turn off the option to vote for maps I smash the fuck outta my 1 key when it pops up in my face tbh I don't think a lot of people even vote.

This is not always true, 95% of the time I either use donor to start a vote for a different map players do vote even if the vote does not pass. If I don't, players usually tell others which map to vote. This is a 95% guarantee whenever I am in the 1v1 #1 arena so it is rather uncommon for me to see players not vote. Me personally when I am prompted to vote if I do not like the maps I will just press the option for No Vote or I will use the donor command after asking the players which map they want and choose that map.

However, players do complain about this feature from time to time so I understand where Dan is coming from.
Now if there were an alternative method to suggest if it were possible, perhaps we could have a second pop up window prompt them after reading the rules and it asks them if they'd like to enable/disable map voting?Furthermore if they are new there could be a small explanation like "A window popping up during rounds to vote for a map." If you want to change this setting, you can do so with <!command> in chat.".

This way new players who may not be familiar with this setting know what to expect so it's an easier experience for them, and the option to use a command to enable/disable voting allows player the ease of convenience to control this feature for a smoother experience. Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register