Accepted/Completed Crystal maps?

Vexxology ツ

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
This is a bit of feedback but definitely a request. Today I played on what I thought was a really brilliant and different (in a good way) map called am_crystal. Not only did I enjoy the special character models and the map but ultimately the very change that was different from the other maps was a great experience for me. If possible I would like to request that we get more maps that that has that exact same design and style, a lot of players that were in it with me enjoyed it but there were some that said it hurt their eyes so given that it would be based on preference I'm not sure what you would want to do. Even if we could maybe have it as a separate arena where it's just nothing but that type of design, I would help contribute to make it possible. I would just really enjoy being able to play on nonstop maps like that if that could be an option.

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
am_crystal was added a couple nights ago (and played a few times since), however I am holding off on an update post, as I am actively tooling some more changes and adding more content for one large update.

Vexxology ツ

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
  • Staff
Sounds good. Can't wait to see!

mbhound

Admin
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
If possible I would like to request that we get more maps that that has that exact same design and style

It would be difficult to reproduce the same design since the map is made entirely of models and one would need a way to recreate the models.

Vexxology ツ

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
  • Staff
Well, from what I've been gathering for feedback from players is that there is a good portion that actually like the map but there are some players that feel that it hurts their eyes or that it kind of gives them a headache. I decided to ask some questions to find out what they like/dislike. So far this is what I've gathered:

-design (environment, map layout, texture)
-character model colors
-ambiance outside of the map (stars, sky, floating error under the transparent floor)

Dislikes
-shine (ex flare of the lighting reflecting off the crystals)
-map color overall (grayscale and white)
-sound of character shattering (too loud)
-distance between obstacles and players feels too long/spread apart

Suggestion: Removing or reducing the shine so there isn't eye strain for certain players. For the map color maybe add a base light or dark color that would help comfort the eyes better like blue or even purple or something darker. For sound not sure if it's possible to reduce it if it's from an audio file that can be edited but just reduction by 25%-30% could work. For distance just kind of make the map smaller a little.

This was what I gathered from the feedback I was provided I didn't have any input on this just want to help with feedback for this new map so it can thrive in the map pool. :)

Vexxology ツ

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
  • Staff
I apologize. I wasn't aware that this was a workshop map made by someone else outside of here. I guess since this isn't in house there's not a lot that can be done then. Sorry about that!

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
No worries - just wanted to make sure your feedback is seen by the mapper!

I'll go ahead and close this out as the map is added - feel free to open new thread(s) with map requests!

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?