No Change/Rejected Custom map loading screen

edwardCactus

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Has there been any thought to adding a custom loading screen for the maps on the server. Something simple with the Site's logo, list of other server, social media, and Forum URL, etc

I know this information is elsewhere when in game, but may be a nice touch and reinforce the Sneak "brand".

chilly

Reaction score
im not sure thats possible with how csgo works

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
It's a great idea, however the background photo is derived straight from the map file you are loading. To the best of my knowledge, we can't do anything server-side to change that.

edwardCactus

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Reaction score
  • Staff
It's a great idea, however the background photo is derived straight from the map file you are loading. To the best of my knowledge, we can't do anything server-side to change that.
I have never run a community server so forgive my ignorance. Are the maps downloaded to a folder on your server? When added to the server does it contain a jpeg (mapname.jpeg)? I know when I played back on cs source all of the servers i played on had their own image on that screen for the load into game. Like I said I have not managed a server so I am just looking at information I am seeing online.

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, things work a bit differently in GO. Up until the Panorama UI update roughly a year ago, custom map images weren't even an option - now they can be packed into the map file and displayed to the client when connecting and loading the map.

edwardCactus

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Reaction score
  • Staff
Yeah, things work a bit differently in GO. Up until the Panorama UI update roughly a year ago, custom map images weren't even an option - now they can be packed into the map file and displayed to the client when connecting and loading the map.
gotcha. makes sense!

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?