Denied :D - STEAM_0:0:202899795

Discussion in 'Completed' started by mike., Feb 11, 2019.

1. mike.

mike. New Member

In-Game Name:
    :D

Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:202899795

Listed reason for ban:
    Rule 5: instantly calling out and alerting others to the presence of an admin.

Which server you were banned from:
    Easy Surf

Why you should be unbanned:
    Only reason i'm making this appeal is because my ban is completely irrelevant, I was on the server talking to a few people and i saw that "Spaghet" joined the server i knew that it was toasty and im almost positive everyone else on the server knows that Spaghet is toasty, as he connected, i shouted out "Hey toasty, my favourite admin" right after that i was banned almost instantly.. at first it was listed for "other" but now i took a look at sourcebans to see if it got changed, and it did.. "Rule 5: instantly calling out and alerting others to the presence of an admin." but last time i checked Rule 5 is
    "Do not undermine or interfere with administrative activities. Our admins volunteer their time to ensure a smooth & positive experience for all. Do not impersonate or waste their time."
    Seems pretty irrelevant with my ban, I don't see anywhere on the rules where it says i cannot say there is an admin present on the server, i wasn't interfering with any "administrative activities" whatsoever, i was simply just saying hello. You got extremely upset over something so dumb and decided to ban me for 3 days? i don't get it.

Any other relevant information:

Confirmation:
    I confirm I have read the appeal template, and all of the above information is truthfully accurate.

2. Toasty

Toasty Admin Admin Server Moderator Events Team

I would firstly like to address that I let you know that it was listed as other and I would be correcting and changing the reason for an infraction of rule 5. You are correct that rule 5 states "Do not undermine or interfere with administrative activities. Our admins volunteer their time to ensure a smooth & positive experience for all. Do not impersonate or waste their time." Specifically where you went wrong was interfering with administrative activities. I had received a calladmin and was joining the server to investigate. I understand that players don't specifically know why exactly we are joining the server at any given time and may not know if it is for a calladmin or not. However, if a player is announcing and shouting out about an admin every single time one joins, there is going to be a time when we are answering a call. By calling out the admin as soon as you join it then is basically saying hush to anybody that may be acting up or misbehaving and just completely wastes our time. This has been stated a couple times in discord when other players have done the same thing and they have been told that continuing to announce admins presence will result in a ban.

I would also like to leave this here.
    Code:
    [2:54 AM]
    :D:
        ok cool, thank god
        i don't have to surf for 3 days

[2:54 AM]
    spaghet:
        i have the ban listed as other because it wouldnt let me list as rule 5 but thats what it is.

[2:55 AM]
    :D:
        oh its fine idc

3. mike.

mike. New Member

whatever i said in DM's have absolutely nothing to do with what happened on the server. I was annoyed at the time, but now im extremely bored and have no other server to go surf on, anyways.. how was i supposed to know you are getting on to a calladmin? maybe you were just getting on to surf, it would be a different story if i just joined the server while already dealing with something, and i were to interfere with it. I'm not here to argue about it, i just wanted to appeal the ban and see if i had the chance to be unbanned or have the ban reduced from a 3day, mainly because im pretty sure that was my first ban ever, and it wasn't even for anything offensive.
    Also now that i am fully aware that i shouldn't be addressing the fact that an admin has joined the server, i can make sure i won't do it again.

4. Toasty

I included the DM log to A. point out the clarification of the ban reason and B. show how this didnt seem to matter to you at the time. I understand you may not be aware if an admin joins to answer a or not, but calling them out every single time is bound to interrupt eventually. Basically what I'm getting at is to just not do it. Generally if an admin joins, usually with a different name, and is quiet and not interacting, chances are they're there to answer a call. While I've been under the name spaghet for a while and some of the regulars are recognizing it, not all the newbies are aware of it. If you had just carried on or stayed quiet you would have seen me doing everything above, staying quiet, not interacting, using a different name. Even if you said "Hey toasty how are you?" or something, you wouldn't have been banned as immediately throwing admin in is telling everybody about an admin being present.

5. mike.

mike. New Member

Every single time? i mean if you're saying ive done it multiple times, this is the first time ive ever called you out like that, i usually just say hello but that was the first time i shouted "hey toasty, my favourite admin" I do apologize for that, i didn't mean to upset anyone and was not expecting to get banned at all.. My mistake.

6. Toasty

I'm not necessarily saying you do it every time, just a general anonymous statement. it has been a consistent issue lately with many players. Please dont contribute to the problem. I will lower the ban. This means it still wont be until tomorrow night that you can play.