Denied Dracik - STEAM_0:0:48888455

Discussion in 'Completed' started by Dracik, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Dracik

Dracik Member

In-Game Name:
    Dracik

Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:0:48888455

Listed reason for ban:
    Using a joke/troll as an excuse to go beyond too far and stir up the server in a malicious way

Which server you were banned from:
    Easy Surf

Why you should be unbanned:
    With the context of what happened, a warning would have been sufficient enough versus just a straight ban. I wasn't breaking any rules, I was just doing my normal JROTC troll. I don't know what "going beyond too far" is supposed to mean but the server never got out of hand.

Any other relevant information
    :

Confirmation:
    I confirm I have read the appeal template, and all of the above information is truthfully accurate.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  2. Toasty

Toasty Admin Admin Server Moderator Events Team

The events of last night weren't the best. When I first joined the server there was quite a bit going on that require a bit of administrative action. It sort of came back around but usually stayed calm with good conversation. There was some joke or troll that kept being brought up about the JROTC thing. It wasn't the main focus of the conversation and it was okay. When you joined and heard wind of the JROTC joke, you ran with it. For miles. Coming very aggressively at many different players and encouraging a negative attitude for the server. I understand that this could have been a joke. A joke with very poor taste, but a joke nonetheless. However, the joke should have ended when I did indeed give you a verbal warning and ask you to knock off this obnoxious joke of poor taste. I admit, I did go about asking in a distasteful and aggressive way. But there was communication asking you to stop. You didn't. Instead you responded with the same aggressive persona you were in, asking "Which one of you ungrateful civilians is disrespecting this JROTC member." or something along those lines. That's still not when I banned you. The ban didn't come until I received a calladmin about your behavior, indicating other people on the server had a problem with it as well. Jokes and Banter are very much allowed and encouraged within our community. It can be extremely boring when chat is dead and silent. However, you need to understand when a joke has gone to far and when a joke is on a topic that might not be the best to joke about.

The ban will stay at 3 days. This is not the first time I have observed you as being the main instigator on the server and I believe you can do with a time period to think about your actions.