Denied Lord Vader Admin Application

Sith Lord Vader

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Hope you’re all doing well at the time of reading this. I know right now that currently Admins aren’t needed but I thought I would make my application to at least be considered for an admin position in the future as I believe that I meet the requirements for the position should the opportunity arise. Alright let’s get right in to the action here.

What is you in-game name?

Lord Vader.

How old are you?

22, soon to be 23 in this year June.

Link to your steam profile:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198090615820/

Approximately how many hours a week do you usually play on our servers (average)?

Anywhere from 10 – 40+ hours depending on how college is and how much time I have currently, that should change in the summer and having more time in the evenings when most people are active.

Which one of our servers do you play on the most?

Mostly the easy surf server but I am looking at kz and wanting to get into that a bit as well.

How many hours a week would you be able to commit in the position(s) that you applied for?

Definitely anywhere between 10-20 hours minimum and as stated once my schedule changes I can commit more hours to being an admin.

What do you believe your role as an administrator includes? What kind of responsibilities?

I believe my role as an Administrator is to not only be able to create and maintain a fun environment (as much as it can since we’re all playing online in any of the servers) but as well as to not allow for any toxic, aggressive or threatening behaviour to start and continue in the server towards any one (1) or multiple individuals when it may be clear to myself and others that it’s not in any way shape or form a joke or just for fun and needs to be addressed immediately. As an Administrator it is my job to make sure that the server rules are upheld and obeyed with the utmost respect as it is the rules and wishes for the server so that everyone can have a relaxed, fun time while playing. Of course, to add to this that some discretion is also needed as to when to decide when the rules need to be enforced and when to let things slide. As an Admin, I shouldn’t have to ask more than 3 times for someone to stop disobeying the rules before server rules are enforced. As an Admin it is my job and responsibility to also be a middle man, listening to both sides of any story that involves a conflict in the server as well as being able to resolve said conflict. Further more, as Admin while I do have the people I like and like talking to them (as well as being mostly liked around the community with the exception of a few people) when I have a role that holds such power such as Admin I know when to have to take my role first should someone become toxic or cancerous in a server towards others and I do not play favourites or do favouritism. Just like a real job I would treat this in a way that almost would resemble as much where favouritism is a huge no no in any workplace.

Why do you want to become an administrator?

I want to become an Admin because I believe that I would not only do a good job at it but I am fairly active in the community on the discord and surf servers currently, I will begin to start being a bit more active on the forums and being around more. Also, the main other reason is that currently late at night when I’m still playing, a few of my acquaintances and I are noticing that people still get on and are being very cancerous and toxic and going against the rules in everyway possible because no Admin is around and they can just walk all over the server like they’re king.

Why should I choose you for an admin position?

I think you should choose me for a future Admin position as currently my server record is clean of any kind of mutes, bans and the like. I am mostly well liked among the discord and surf community. I play well with others and will do my job well as an Admin for the community to keep it a fun and relaxing environment. I’m willing to always learn and grow and given the opportunity I can use this experience for the future in some ways.

Anything else you would like to share that might be relevant to your application?

Any questions, comments, concerns and anything else you or anyone else would like to ask or know, feel free to pm me on any of the platforms we use or on this thread and I’ll be happy to answer and/or reply to what I’m sent as much as I can as soon as I can!

Frumpy

Admin
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Events Team
Reaction score
aY5Q4R3J_400x400.jpg

:bepsi

Reaction score
Even though I am not a part of staff, and that this will not affect the final decision, I would like to dissect this and give (usefull or not) feedback.

I'll jump straight to the 3rd last, and 2nd to last questions as I believe them to be most important.
I feel like the question is trying to identify the reason as to why you want to do that job. IE: you say that you think that you would do a good job, however, why do you want to do that job? Going from a regular member to an Administrative position is a big jump in responsibilities. Why are you willing to do that and what motivates you?

The following question seems to me like it is trying to identify the qualifications you have, that others dont, that would make you a preferable choice. Why will you be able to do your Admin job well? Maybe prior experience, maybe your temperament, the different degrees of implication you are willing to have etc. Anything that shows that you are most capable of making objective and assertive decisions. ''I play well with others'' is a good example of that. It shows your capacity to get along with people. Maybe more of these kinds of details.

Final point is that the development paragraph adressing the role of an admin is rather long to me. I feel like shorter sentences and more direct statements would help drive the point that you have a strong and precise understanding of the subject.

Take this with a grain of salt, like the opening sentence stated, I am not a part of the people who are making the decisions. However I feel like those clarifications could help nail down your qualification.
(there are alot of other contenders)

Sith Lord Vader

Reaction score
Even though I am not a part of staff, and that this will not affect the final decision, I would like to dissect this and give (usefull or not) feedback.

I'll jump straight to the 3rd last, and 2nd to last questions as I believe them to be most important.
I feel like the question is trying to identify the reason as to why you want to do that job. IE: you say that you think that you would do a good job, however, why do you want to do that job? Going from a regular member to an Administrative position is a big jump in responsibilities. Why are you willing to do that and what motivates you?

The following question seems to me like it is trying to identify the qualifications you have, that others dont, that would make you a preferable choice. Why will you be able to do your Admin job well? Maybe prior experience, maybe your temperament, the different degrees of implication you are willing to have etc. Anything that shows that you are most capable of making objective and assertive decisions. ''I play well with others'' is a good example of that. It shows your capacity to get along with people. Maybe more of these kinds of details.

Final point is that the development paragraph adressing the role of an admin is rather long to me. I feel like shorter sentences and more direct statements would help drive the point that you have a strong and precise understanding of the subject.

Take this with a grain of salt, like the opening sentence stated, I am not a part of the people who are making the decisions. However I feel like those clarifications could help nail down your qualification.
(there are alot of other contenders)

I do appreciate the time you took to give some constructive criticism and kind feedback. I realize now that yeah i definitely wrote too much and restated certain things as what I would do for admin and repeated them a few times too many and should've cut it down to shorter sentences and make them as statements. I have a tendency to repeat myself more often than I should and it's unintentional as I'm trying to make a point but I end up putting it in a longer explanation and dragging it all over with run on sentences so that doesn't help. I also wrote this and then just threw it on here without taking some time to really edit it and make it better so I should've done that as well. Thanks for taking the time though to read it over and again giving some constructive criticism in a good way and it's much appreciated :)

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
can i get a tl;dr

jk i see you put a lot of thought into this :)

pbjpie

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Events Team
Reaction score
+pretty big help to me when shit hits the fan during easy surf, haven't talked to personally enough to get a feel either way but definitely has potential

Noldyy

Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaction score
if this kid ever gets admin the nyg guys all come back onto sneaks to be cancer, if you believe their accounts actually got banned I gots news fer ya.

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
if this kid ever gets admin the nyg guys all come back onto sneaks to be cancer, if you believe their accounts actually got banned I gots news fer ya.
shitty meme is shitty

michio_

Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
+1 always on. always trying to stop fights / stop toxicity. doesn't encourage anything against rules/retardation. honestly would be a great admin imo

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?