Accepted/Completed Map Request | am_lockers

mobs2r

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Events Team
Reaction score
[NOTE:] Current version on this post doesn't work properly in offline play, you need splewis' 1v1 plugin installed on your server to play.

This is a request for a map that I made, Lockers. The map features a simple layout with two spawns, one in the center of the map and another left of that spawn inside the showers. The map is a work in progress and is subject to changes/improvements. I play frequently on sneaK's servers and would love to see my map in rotation, plus getting more people playing in order to gather proper feedback would be lovely. The current version features 16 arenas with proper spacing, made for servers with 32 slots like sneaK's servers.

The current version as of this request is version 0.4 which has been properly configured for splewis' 1v1 plugin as far as I'm aware; future offline versions (to be used in 1v1s with friends in an offline server) will be added to an alternate workshop page as I continue to update the map. The live build on the workshop page I've linked below will always be compatible with splewis' 1v1 plugin but might not feature every little change I make right away, since copy pasting the arena every time I want to change something little isn't ideal.

Enjoy!

1.jpg

2.jpg

Thank you for your consideration!

Last edited:

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Hey, the map looks really good! In regards to updates, we generally like adding maps that are more complete (so we don't have to keep updating) - would you consider the map in a state where you would be happy for a long term deployment?

mobs2r

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Events Team
Reaction score
  • Staff
[0.5], the next update I intend to make compatible /w splewis' 1v1 plugin will have a more updated layout with better lighting, so I'd suggest waiting until that version comes out. Another "official" release won't come for some time after that as I intend to mostly be looking into model work in Blender and any live updates beyond [0.5] won't come for quite awhile until I have a grip on modelling. I intend on releasing [0.5] sometime this week.

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Niiiice, that sounds like a good place to settle in.

Good luck with Blender :D

mobs2r

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Events Team
Reaction score
  • Staff
Version [0.5.2] is now live, compatible with splewis' 1v1 plugin. I will not be updating the live build for some time, as like I said I intend to learn more about Blender and take a short break from Hammer, minus learning how to import custom models/textures. There are certain little issues like misaligned textures and strange reflections on the puddles/lockers that I eventually intend to fix but the gameplay, clipping, and general aesthetic of the map is complete and I'd be delighted to have it featured on sneak's servers. :cool:

Screenshots will be updated and posted to this thread shortly.

mobs2r

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Events Team
Reaction score
  • Staff
20200423234618_1.jpg
20200423234632_1.jpg

mobs2r

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Events Team
Reaction score
  • Staff
After a short test, I determined the arenas are not far away enough from each other and shots can be heard from other arenas. I'm going to fix the issue tomorrow morning and the final live version will have no gameplay issues and be ready for use on the server.

Last edited:

mobs2r

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Events Team
Reaction score
  • Staff
As of [0.5.3] shooting from other arenas cannot be heard, as far as I know. If anybody notices they hear shooting from another arena, enabling cl_showpos 1 and taking a screenshot of your coordinates in the top left will significantly help me in determining which arenas are too close to one another and if that's the case I'll get to fixing it right away in another hot fix. Otherwise, this final version should be playable on splewis' 1v1 plugin.

Thank you everybody, I hope you'll all enjoy playing my map!

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Looks awesome, the lighting looks a lot nicer!!

mobs2r

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Events Team
Reaction score
I still have a lot to learn in the lighting department but I did my best to make it look nicer than that ugly static orange that was coming through the windows with super bright white lights in the foreground anyway. :eek:

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?