20-29

Server(s) you primarily play on:
KZtimer

Are you active in the community outside of our game servers (Forums, Discord)?:
Yes

Would you commit yourself to regularly answering Call Admin pings via Discord?:
Yes

Days/Times of the week you are usually on:
Every night 9 PM PST or later until it drops off.

What unique qualities would you bring to the position(s) you are applying for?:
I'm a natural leader and a manager of a sushi restaurant outside of KZ. To be more specific, I run the sushi line. As a result, I'm well versed in controlling social dynamics in a non-aggressive manner, but can also break out hard administration with little to no notice as I see fit. As an admin or moderator, it's important to realize the import of your actions taken and therefore most situations should be resolved easily through discourse and warnings primarily.

I also realize that this cannot always the the case, and should the necessity arise, I am fully capable of breaking out the hammer regardless of backlash.

Additionally, I offer a large amount of sway upon the regulars and I already frequently call out players for their behavior, only using a calladmin command if things get really hairy - I usually don't need to. Recent events (store removal of blinking lights) are indicative of the my social presence and the general sentiment of my opinions. As such, my addition to the admin team would offer a considerable benefit in the way of policing the populace through kindness and social import without disrupting the dynamics of the servers. In the 500+ hours I've spent on sneak'z kz servers, I've made many friends and adopted many players to the community.

In my 15 years of playing cs, I've KZ'd for almost all of them. I've owned and moderated seven servers, ranging from kz, to pubs, DM's, and comp servers. There are few people more qualified.

And as far as qualifications go, let's talk about thick skin. Admins require it. I have it. You have to be able to wade through tiers of bullshit in order to find the answer you're looking for - sometimes even outright harassment. But that's not an issue for me. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm functionally imperturbable. Ask around. Even when I'm upset, I'm as cool as a cucumber.

Furthermore, mylifetogive is not a late night admin. Luq is not a late night admin (70% of the time). Those are our only two administrators. I'm willing to volunteer my time and effort in increasing the presence of administrators on OUR servers - and they are our servers; they have inspired an amazing community of people that deserve protection, moderation, and assistance.

Have you ever had any administrative action taken upon you?
:
Yes

Any additional information that is relevant:
I would like to address the most recent (and only major) occurence of administrative punishment used against me with the following in parts:

1) I am a late-night player, where server rules are often broken or outright disregarded. Thusly, I'm fairly level-headed and can address situations on a case-by-case basis without taking personal umbrage and allowing for impartial judgement. The importance of this ability is high: not all trolls are trolls and it's more important to gauge the server's ideals versus the individual player in order to determine any result. This does not allow for unacceptable behaviour, but offers instead, the comprehension of secularized behavior, including but not limited to: social norms, specialized vocabulary, inside jokes, and more - all of which grant a necessary frame required in order to make an administrative decision.

2) The situation in question only required foul language to be deemed as "aggressive" in official reports. But I ask you, who here hasn't called their besties funny, but terrible names in jest? Foul language can - at times- be a form of acceptance and gentle jibing without permanent offense implied. Such language should obviously only be used in context, but I feel as if my personal behavior was taken out of context in this situation such that it served as an excuse for admonishment. While it shouldn't have been used, nothing outside the norm of the server was present.

3) We lack late-night admins. Period. Would you rather the server policed by someone who isn't part of the server, that doesn't know the regulars, their behavior, and their inside jokes; or would you prefer to apply anyone who is available and online at the time, but is unfamiliar with all of these items? I would never dispose myself as an admin that would take a late night report to harass people - only to help. It's ideal that the server feels aided by admins instead of hindered.

4) While I can't defend my actions in the recent report, I can note that I took written action not without approval from many well-known friends and acquaintances. It is unlike me to make a fool of myself, but I stood my ground on the tenet that while I acted poorly, the real issue was also worthy of discourse. Which apparently, it was - the blinker was removed. In the future, I can cut the bullshit and be more direct without subversive behavior. As an admin, such a change would not only be implied, but necessary. That having been said, the only incident regarding my behavior was recent and unique; an event that resulted in an overall change, which I believe benefited the community. I leveraged my all of my influence and weight of character to achieve it. Such is my dedication to the community.

Should this application be rejected, I beg the consideration of whoobie, brian, or ice as admins.

- I appreciate the consideration.

Last edited:

bry

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Reaction score
helen is the best +1

Storm Ex

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Reaction score

no thank you.

thanks for your interest in our community.

Last edited:

Mylifetogive

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
This was a very well thought out post. Alas since I've become admin I've changed my routine and thus go to bed with my wife every night sometime between 830 and 930 even on weekends. In my opinion KZ is the best behaved server out of them all and admins can't always be on or around for call admins.

From my personal experience with you I'd say +1, that being said there isnsome history here and the decision is not up to me.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?