Easy Surf, Advanced Surf, BHop

Are you active in the community outside of our game servers (Forums, Discord)?:
Yes

Would you commit yourself to regularly answering Call Admin pings via Discord?:
Yes

Days/Times of the week you are usually on:
7 - 11

What unique qualities would you bring to the position(s) you are applying for?:
I have run and implemented source and other servers in the past. I currently run an as needed l4d2 server with both metamod and steam mod plugins, on my own system. As well, I consider myself proficient in general linux server administration.

Have you ever had any administrative action taken upon you?:
No

Any additional information that is relevant:
I have acted as a moderator for another surf server prior, as well I maintain a server setup that I have source, minecraft and other servers hosted on, as previously mentioned. I have knowledge of hammer, if that helps as well.

Plexzindu

Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
To clarify, The Times of week are generally between 7PM and 11PM most days. I will normally get on later, as I work, however weekends are more varied, possibly as early as 1PM.

Fayse

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Head Admin
Reaction score
Big +1 for my big boi Plex.

oy vey

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
That's dope, I didn't know you worked with Source. Do you have any experience with sourcemod plugins?

Plexzindu

Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
That's dope, I didn't know you worked with Source. Do you have any experience with sourcemod plugins?

I have setup the server, and troubleshooted through the variety of issues that sourcemod and metamod come with in setup. This having been said, I don't consider myself strong in regards to programming. I can analyze/audit code relatively proficiently, however I have not created a plugin. I have made scripts and can create basic programs, but nothing to write home about.

In reference to the "Operations Team Recruitment" I would likely be best at adding tweaks to plugins, helping with server management or fixing errors, rather than programming plugins fully or creating systems from scratch.

I have been able to fully setup the server however, and similarly have been able to maintain working setups for the servers themselves. As of now, most of my experience is from setting up, adding, and modifying mods with the aforementioned L4D2 server.

TL;DR: I consider myself weaker at coding then implementing and maintaining a server. I can go through code well, but I have yet to create a plugin, and am less familiar with SourcePawn as a language. I like to setup servers and services and add to them however I can.

I hope this helps!

Fayse

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Head Admin
Reaction score

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online