Accepted/Completed Moltovs in retakes

aceraceae

Reaction score
I've heard some people (including me) complaining about Moltovs in retakes. I feel like they should be changed so people can't sit in a fire and be rewarded by killing an under prepared enemy. I don't think they should do team damage, however they should indicate when someone's pushing a teammate's molly by making the burning sound. In the end it's not really a big deal, but a change could be nice.

Last edited:

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
I totally agree, I think being able to charge your own teammate's molotovs without consequence is a bit OP. Unfortunately, as there are 2 sides to just about everything, the possibility of griefing with team damage is a bit high being public servers as well. I think if we can find a good balance we can definitely do something with this! The idea of the sound is a good one, I like that as a good first baby step towards the right direction, I'll look into trying to implement this. :D

Nish

Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
Just throwing out ideas, but would it be possible to make walking in friendly molotovs just slow you without taking damage?

Fayse

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Head Admin
Reaction score
How about they make the hit sound of the molotov but don't deal any damage, that way people hear you coming through them and you can't grief/get griefed by your teammates.

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Just throwing out ideas, but would it be possible to make walking in friendly molotovs just slow you without taking damage?
That's a great idea also, that could be a penalty
How about they make the hit sound of the molotov but don't deal any damage, that way people hear you coming through them and you can't grief/get griefed by your teammates.
That's what aceraceae aceraceae was suggesting :)

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
I have implemented this change into Retakes #3 for testing purposes. Molotovs will not do damage to teammates, however will make the hit sound. Teammates will also produce hit sounds if shot by a teammate.

Let me know how you guys like it!

Lifeline

Former Staff
Former Staff
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
I tried to test this and I didnt hear either of the changes. I even threw a molly at a teammate just to double check and I didnt hear any noise as well as had people shoot me. It sounds the same as the other servers still.

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
I tried to test this and I didnt hear either of the changes. I even threw a molly at a teammate just to double check and I didnt hear any noise as well as had people shoot me. It sounds the same as the other servers still.
Fixed, should be live on all servers next map change.

Lifeline

Former Staff
Former Staff
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
i like the molly and the shooting teammates makes the flinch and makes a noise. I dont know how valuable the indicator that shows a message in chat is super valuable and just ads clutter

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
i like the molly and the shooting teammates makes the flinch and makes a noise. I dont know how valuable the indicator that shows a message in chat is super valuable and just ads clutter
Easy enough to remove, I'll do that tomorrow ?

Edit: Just kidding, removed the messages now, it will be live after a map change.

Last edited:

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register