Denied nbgee12 - STEAM_1:1:109831403

Discussion in 'Completed' started by nbgee12, Sep 7, 2018.

1. nbgee12

nbgee12 New Member

I was about to join sneak's 1v1 Arenas, and I was greeted with a message that said I was banned.
    The reason why I was banned was '[SourceSleuth] Duplicate account', and am confused on what happened. I do have an alt account that has cs, here, but I haven't been on sneaks with it at all.
    I'm not sure if I was banned for having multiple accounts, but if so this shouldn't make much sense.
    (if you could tell me what I did wrong that could help)

2. sneaK

sneaK Owner Owner Admin Ops Team Moderator

The link you provided to your alt account didn't work, so I went ahead and took the liberty of grabbing the permalink to your alt: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198851660558

This account was banned for cheating on our 1v1 Arenas server 2 days prior to this ban.

3. nbgee12

nbgee12 New Member

4. sneaK

The account I linked connected from your IP, which you've connected from previously, and attempted to connect to after it was banned for cheating.

The custom URL of the account you linked that doesn't exist is "/id/bazingabazooga" and the account name that was convicted of cheating is "bazinga".

Want to try that again? :emoji_thinking:

5. nbgee12

nbgee12 New Member

Bazinga Bazooga is an inside joke. My mom overheard me saying bazinga and she thought that I was saying bazooka, which she mispronounced and said bazooga. I've regularly been on sneak's 1v1, and I've never been on it with cheats.
    I do use bazinga as a joke, but haven't created an account using it. Further more, at the time when 'bazinga' was banned, I was on my way home from school. At 14:58 (2:58 where I am), I wouldn't have even gotten home yet.
    buspass2.png
    This is my bus pass, and if you need me too, I can send you the link to the website. School ends at 2:32 PM for me, and buses normally leave at around ~5-10 minutes after school ends. (people need to get on their buses). It was the first day for the freshmen, so the buses left a little later than usual so people wouldn't get left behind. After leaving the bus, I would have to get home, stop everything I was doing, hop onto an alt account for cs, and then join sneak's 1v1, just to cheat.
    If you want to ask me for anything, or for any form of evidence that this wasn't me, I would be glad to show you.

6. sneaK

The ban time of 2:58PM is in central time, which entirely invalidates your excuse, being in the Eastern time zone. You'd very much be home at 3:58PM by your reasoning.

To be absolutely clear, the factual timeline is:
    1. You have connected solely from one IP ever, starting from the end of July.
    2. **SOMEONE** from this mysterious account connected from your very same IP address, cheated, and got banned.
    3. Your main account, which was connected the previous day, and attempted to connect 2 days later, ALL from the same IP, gets banned for being a duplicate account.
    This has become a bit of a waste of time for me and I've given you a couple opportunities to come clean, but apparently that's not enough. We deal with appeals like this all of the time - we're not stupid.

mbhound likes this.
  7. sneaK

I guess I'll close this out since my reply has been seen & not replied to, and quite frankly, the ban is justified.