No Change/Rejected New Server Idea

Would you play a CTF server?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Saltini

Reaction score
I want to see a CTF server in CS:GO. I have gotten mixed reactions on this so far, but I want someone to realize it's a great opportunity. It would be a classic CTF server. There is already CTF Maps on the community workshop, so you would not have to make new ones. All that you have to do, (I think) is put those maps in a server and let people play on it, add some plug ins to make it run better, add a source bans. The same server stuff, and if it gets players, you take their feedback and try to add it into the server.

Pros
You could be the very first CTF server on CS:GO. As far as I know, there is not another server like this in CS:GO. I could not find one, so you'd be the first server to create this. You have a big community so populating it should not be an issue if people enjoy it. There are already maps for it and setting it up should be very similar to servers you already have. If the server fails, and can put it to use as another server, and I know servers are always trying to expand, but money is an issue. Which brings me to my next pro. Like any other server, money has to be mainly be made from purchases on a web store. With CTF, you could add player models, weapon models, and other common VIP things that you'd normally sell on your servers.

Cons
People don't play it and you lose money.

I am currently staff on a different community server, and the owner doesn't believe in this idea, and doesn't want to take the risk. I figured I'd come over here to see if sneak, (Or whoever adds servers) would be willing to put it up. I do believe that this would be a great opportunity for you to take, and I look forward to see what happens from here. Feel free to add me if you want to ask me questions for some reason.

Nish

Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
I don't think this would work out. I've never seen a single person in game ask for or mention that they would like CTF in CS community servers.

Saltini

Reaction score
I don't think this would work out. I've never seen a single person in game ask for or mention that they would like CTF in CS community servers.

That’s true, but when have you ever seen anyone ask for a new server that has never been attempted before in CS:GO. I have probably around 1k hours on community servers and I’ve never heard any original ideas for servers.

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Personally, I've always been a big CTF fan, starting from the original Tribes ~20 years ago when I was really young, to Unreal Tournament, and so on. I'm naturally inclined to say yes given my roots, however CS:GO really doesn't have the ideal mechanics for CTF. I feel like there would need to be a serious twist to make it viable, such as modifications to movement speed, tagging, etc.

Saltini

Reaction score
Personally, I've always been a big CTF fan, starting from the original Tribes ~20 years ago when I was really young, to Unreal Tournament, and so on. I'm naturally inclined to say yes given my roots, however CS:GO really doesn't have the ideal mechanics for CTF. I feel like there would need to be a serious twist to make it viable, such as modifications to movement speed, tagging, etc.

Okay, thanks for hearing out my idea.

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying no, I'm just stating my opinion. I don't have much dev time lately so if someone wanted to set something up I'd be happy to give whatever assistance is needed.

Saltini

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying no, I'm just stating my opinion. I don't have much dev time lately so if someone wanted to set something up I'd be happy to give whatever assistance is needed.

I don’t know anything about making a server, so I wouldn’t be able to help. I’d love to see this become a thing.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?