No Change/Rejected New surfers RTVing in Advanced

Mitchell

Reaction score
I'll be grinding out maps in advanced with nobody else in the server, and then new guy's will come in with 0 map completions. I'll watch em attempt the map 5-6 times and then RTV, therefore giving me no choice in the matter and ruining my chance of beating this map that I'm possibly 24 minutes in on the timer or 5/7 stages. When they realize the next map is still hard, they then leave.

I think we shouldn't allow individuals with less than 10-15 map completions RTV in advanced, let them vote on the map but don't let the one's not experienced enough to beat the average T3 map, have a say in when the map can change.

I understand this messes with individuals who are already experienced and come in from other servers, don't quite have a suggestion for that.

solareclipz

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
This is a complaint I have as well. Not even from lower ranked players. They come in rtv then leave.

Or they come in rtv it switches to the map they want then leave. I witness this quite often, and partly why I decided to get vip and play with the big boys. Which his hit or miss because I know the top 100 don’t always like non 100s taking over a server.

I do think that rtv should be rank gated, and if possible more than anything time gated. You should have to spend more than 5 mins after joining before rtv, unless server is empty.

however, time gating causes issues because they I’m sure are still counted for numbers needed. This would also be the case if you do rank/map completion gating.

I really don’t think there is a great way to handle this issue, which is why I don’t think there has been anything done to combat it.

Mandii

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Reaction score
I do know that if there is more then 1 person on the server. Then both of the players would need to RTV.
Example: If there are 2 players on then both need to RTV/ If 3 players on then 2 of 3 need to RTV.

Personally i feel the best way to combat this is increase the amount of RTV's needed. If there are 5 or less players on the server then all players would need to RTV, 5+ players would need a 90-95% of votes. Although i do feel that having AFK's in the server can cause issues for this, which it would prob be best to have it were AFK players do not count towards a active player vote.

Other then that though i do not feel there would be any other kind of work around as you cannot restrict players due to the amount of map completes or points they have. Never know if their a pro from another server who just joined SneaKs.

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Definitely interested in hearing more community feedback on this. It's something that has definitely been tossed around before, but has its pros and cons for both sides. I won't rehash what's above, but if we can find a happy medium that won't restrict or discourage new players (or skilled but new to the servers), I'd be happy to implement changes.

Personally i feel the best way to combat this is increase the amount of RTV's needed. If there are 5 or less players on the server then all players would need to RTV, 5+ players would need a 90-95% of votes. Although i do feel that having AFK's in the server can cause issues for this, which it would prob be best to have it were AFK players do not count towards a active player vote.
That's tough, because a minimum RTV requirement would be detrimental at times. If you and a friend join (or maybe just yourself) you would have to wait until others join just to change the map.

Removing AFK folks from the totality of players required for RTV has been on the docket for a while and would help immensely, however after taking a few stabs at it I haven't come up with a solid solution yet.
I really don’t think there is a great way to handle this issue, which is why I don’t think there has been anything done to combat it.
That's essentially it :p

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register