Request Possible Improvements to Retakes

michio_

Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
There are two main things that the active retakes community would like to see.

1. Improvements to retakes three pistol selection. To elaborate, picking pistols on retakes three does not let you select whether the pistol is for pistol round or gun round. If you select for example a USP for pistol round, that will be your pistol for gun rounds too without getting the option to change it out with a different one for gun rounds. Then during gun rounds, selecting a Deagle will make it your pistol for both gun rounds and pistol rounds. I hope that some what makes sense, message me if me having a stroke writing this was too apparent. Basically, how it is one Retakes #1.
  2. Also update force buy rounds. We would like to see the inclusion of the FAMAS and GALIL to force rounds due to the new meta of them being used during force rounds in actual matches. The price of both has been lowered making them more viable for force rounds.
  3. Is there also a possibility of adding new maps. I understand that the maps currently in the map rotation for the servers are the ones in the official Valve map pool. But, I think a majority of the players would like other maps added to the rotation, such as but not limited to Season, Zoo and others. Again, that one is purely out of what I want and understand that it is not necessary.
  4. Lastly, update the point system. I am aware of you in the process of reworking it, just plainly stating it.

Thanks for reading this scuffed post on some improvements to retakes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fayse

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Head Admin
Reaction score
reading this gave me a stroke

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
  1. I actually kind of like how pistols work, and there is no separate choice for gun rounds. I believe the purpose of Retakes is to emulate that of an actual 5v5 game, and a massive percentage of standard gun rounds in actual games do not have you purchasing an upgraded pistol along with an AK/M4. People trying to be deagle stars during gun rounds gets pretty old. Let's keep talking about this though!
  2. I'll have to look into this a bit more, it gets a bit hairy with the money situation. If you lose pistol and you had bought Kevlar, you would get $1900 + $150 leftover from first round (assuming no kills or bomb plant), which is $2050. That wouldn't be enough to buy a galil/famas and armor. With a bomb plant for T's, it's $1900 + $800 + $150 ($2850) which IS enough for Galil + armor.

We have the separate weapon allocator on Retakes #3 which includes force rounds - I never really heard feedback on it. Should this be on all servers?
  3. I'd love to include other maps, I'm just not sure if people would want to play them.
  4. I just fixed a bug where terrorists would still gain bonus points on Retakes #1, but that was a misconfiguration error on my part and only happened on that one server, so everything is static points now. I still like the idea of an ELO based points system, I just think the values got a bit too dramatic at times. See this thread for continuing discussion: https://snksrv.com/threads/changing-retake-point-system.2779/

Last edited:

kyle

Former Staff
Former Staff
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
Could you add more maps to just retakes 3? Or just 1 of the retakes

Last edited:

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Could you add more maps to just retakes 3? Or just 1 of the retakes
Could add them to one of the servers, all 3, 2 of them, however we really want.

michio_

Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
  1. I do agree with what you said about people not upgrading pistols during buy rounds. Yet on Retakes 1, there is an option for selecting different pistols for different scenarios (pistol rounds & gun rounds). I think that generally speaking, players like to experiment with different guns for different scenarios, and don't want to go through the "hassle" of switching their pistol selection mid game, and then having it be that same pistol during gun rounds. So, hypothetically, one selects a Deagle during gun rounds. But when the map switches, they spawn with the Deagle, but don't receive kevlar. I honestly think its more of a matter of convenience more than anything.
  2. Relating to force rounds. I personally think force rounds should be on every server since they are in many competitive matches. I would argue that most players don't like to play with force rounds just due to the fact that they have to use lower tier, perhaps less fun guns for how ever many rounds, when those rounds could be used for full buy rounds. I hope that makes sense. With the money situation in regards to the Galil and FAMAS, I just think that is what most players would like to see them incorporated. The money situation is definitely dicey.
  3. We both see eye to eye with other maps, and that is great! I don't really know how this would work out, but maybe running a poll in game to see what other players would think could maybe help. Perhaps using the standard voting HUD, but I'm not sure if it is possible to make custom votes for that.
  4. I do also like the idea of an ELO system. Getting into higher ranks has become so much easier now. Where the player with the most amount of points would be sitting at around 3500, give or take is now at around 5500 points and counting. Basically, it has been easier to get lots of points and climb the ladder.

I know I'm bad at writing, but I hope these made sense. If only I put half the effort of writing this into an actual paper for school.

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Getting into higher ranks has become so much easier now. Where the player with the most amount of points would be sitting at around 3500, give or take is now at around 5500 points and counting. Basically, it has been easier to get lots of points and climb the ladder.

Wowee, I see what you're talking about now. I've deployed the changes that were outlined in the points thread, so ranks should begin to even back out over the next week or 2.

michio_

Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
Wowee, I see what you're talking about now. I've deployed the changes that were outlined in the points thread, so ranks should begin to even back out over the next week or 2.
Thats awesome! Thank you

rapperdan

Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
about the whole remade buy menu aka force rounds one of the first things I noticed awhile ago is if you choose to buy an awp you also force scout on force buy rounds it's been ages since I played retakes so I may be wrong just something I am pretty sure I noticed and in my eyes should be adjusted so people don't have to force a scout if they wish to have an awp.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?