Accepted/Completed Replay bot

mask

Reaction score
Recently you added a feature for admins too reset the replay bot if it doesnt work. But the thing is, Admin are almost never on so its useless. So I was thinking maybe give acces to certain trusted player who actually surf the ability to reset the bot.

Lifeline

Former Staff
Former Staff
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
or make it a vote thing

rapperdan

Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
We really don't need more votes. Should just be given it to VIP's and take it away from those who may use it to cause some weird exploit.

I am a no mic :(

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
The command arbitrarily resets the bot and recording system entirely, and is not guaranteed to properly "fix" the bots if they are not functioning as desired. Because the entire recording system is reset at time of using the command, this means that any ongoing recordings are all stopped, which could potentially miss any new records. Moreover, if this command was available by vote or to the general public, this opens it up for abuse, which is not acceptable. I may consider moving this command to Moderator access, however stating "Admin are almost never on so its useless" is a bit overdramatic and untrue.

On another note, the command is limited to one use per map, as repeatedly resetting after an initial failure generally does a whole lot of nothing.

Lifeline

Former Staff
Former Staff
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
votes wont doshit because of the no mics

maybe make it a vip feature
I mean there is a text chat and i didnt think it through there is no need for a vote just make it a vip command or something. i dont see a downside to resetting the bot by people. just seems like a thing to help the server if anything

Lifeline

Former Staff
Former Staff
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
The command arbitrarily resets the bot and recording system entirely, and is not guaranteed to properly "fix" the bots if they are not functioning as desired. Because the entire recording system is reset at time of using the command, this means that any ongoing recordings are all stopped, which could potentially miss any new records. Moreover, if this command was available by vote or to the general public, this opens it up for abuse, which is not acceptable. I may consider moving this command to Moderator access, however stating "Admin are almost never on so its useless" is a bit overdramatic and untrue.

On another note, the command is limited to one use per map, as repeatedly resetting after an initial failure generally does a whole lot of nothing.
To be fair admins arent always on. a good bit of the time they arent, that isnt a problem but cant always count on them being on since thats not realistic.

rapperdan

Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
I mean there is a text chat and i didnt think it through there is no need for a vote just make it a vip command or something. i dont see a downside to resetting the bot by people. just seems like a thing to help the server if anything

sneak just explained why which makes more sense why he is so reluctant to add it for others to use.

Because the entire recording system is reset at time of using the command, this means that any ongoing recordings are all stopped, which could potentially miss any new records.

Lifeline

Former Staff
Former Staff
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
sneak just explained why which makes more sense why he is so reluctant to add it for others to use.
I mean i dont see a problem making it a Vip command. Unless you think vip's would abuse a command to reset the bot

mask

Reaction score
Dan become admin so u can reset the bot plz

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?