Server Update - 1/27/19

Discussion in 'Server/Site Updates' started by sneaK, Jan 27, 2019.

By sneaK on Jan 27, 2019 at 8:43 PM
  1. sneaK

sneaK Owner Admin Server Moderator Ops Team Owner

• Added surf_journeys (T3 Linear)
    • Added surf_satellite (T1 Linear)
    • Fixed Bonus 1 end zone of surf_ameliorate, please let me know if there are any more issues
    • Fixed Bonus 1 start zone of surf_koa inconsistently starting the run timer, normalized teleport angles
    • Normalized teleport angles on surf_prosaic_njv
    • Fixed inconsistent acceleration and max speed of in-hand weapons on surf servers
    • KZ Servers (especially KZTimer public) should notice increased stability & performance
    • Fixed a couple bhop map tiers

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019

Comments

Discussion in 'Server/Site Updates' started by sneaK, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Funky
      Funky
      I feel like this is a good time to bring up that journeys was on the easy surf server earlier but had plenty of completions. i feel as if some tier 3s should be added to easy surf that are simple and easy like that one. I don't know how one would judge what is easy or not but I think expanding tier 3s onto the easy surf server would really help with the whole "omg the same 8 maps are played" problem people seem to be having. Just a thought though
    2. kyle_mf
      kyle_mf
      Is satellite on beginner or easy?
    3. sneaK
      sneaK
      "The same 8 maps are played" is because the server population chooses to play the same 8 maps. We just reached 203 maps on easy surf, so there is no shortage of maps that can be played. There's only so much I can do to try and encourage map diversity, without hindering the overall map pool and making certain maps unplayable.

Before journeys made it onto any public server (just top 100/vip), the map had ~15 completions, meaning that to this time, after it being on easy surf at least twice, only 23 people were able to complete the map. I seriously had my doubts going into it, but it definitely seems like it's a bit on the harder side. I've temporarily moved it off into Advanced surf (T3'd it), but that may change back again, as a newer version was released. Don't know if it affects any surf, but we'll see.

Easy for now, may consider adding it to Beginner after seeing the initial reaction to it.
    4. Funky
      Funky
      i realize we have a lot of maps but i've recently been hearing that some maps are too easy and that 'all the ones played on advanced are too hard" Im just trying to find a good balance for the people that like to complain about it but not do anything about it
    5. sneaK
      sneaK
      There are definitely several Tier 3's that could probably be re-tiered to Tier 2 (inb4 because 85 tick), people are just afraid to go and try.
      Funky likes this.