Server Update - 12/9/18

Discussion in 'Server/Site Updates' started by sneaK, Dec 8, 2018.

By sneaK on Dec 8, 2018 at 11:35 PM
  1. sneaK

sneaK Owner Owner Admin Server Moderator Ops Team

Hey guys, the past few days we've been reeling a bit from all of these CS:GO updates. Lots has needed fixes, so I'm definitely missing a lot in this post, but the important point is that just about everything should be nice and stable.
    • Added surf_memories (T4 Staged)
    • Removed inconsistencies from stage 2 skip of surf_eclipse_fix
    • Denied access to all f2p accounts for bhop & competitive servers to combat the increased rampant cheating issue introduced by CS:GO's change to free 2 play
    • Fixed a surf timer crash upon completion of a replay that cropped up after the Danger Zone update
    • Ensured radar is disabled from all movement-based servers
    • KZTimer & GOKZ servers will return to the live local databases on next server restart (6am 12/9/18)

Comments

Discussion in 'Server/Site Updates' started by sneaK, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Fayse
      Fayse
      easy surf too pls sir
    2. Sans Undertale
      Sans Undertale
      Hey I'm just curious, but why do you need to stop people without prime from entering surf and bhop servers in the fear that they are cheating? In other words, how do they ruin the gameplay for others?

Thanks!
    3. sneaK
      sneaK
      As it stands, the surf servers are entirely open to f2p accounts. Bhop is hands down the most commonly cheated movement game mode, with a variety of bhop macros for legit mode, strafe optimizers, movement recorders, etc, which were a massive problem in the few days that it was open to f2p accounts.

I have plans to allow F2P accounts with additional provisions in the coming weeks, stay tuned! :)