• am_chicken
    • am_dust_arena
    • am_research
    • am_treatment
    • am_warriorshold
    • am_snowwhite is now am_snowfinal

BD/Lycyic

Reaction score
Hi there. I'm the creator of am_research.

I would love to hear feedback on my map.
Did it already get any ratings maybe?

~ Lycyic

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
  • Staff
Hey Lycyic, due to the sheer number of maps we have available on the 1v1 Arenas server, am_research has only gotten played a small handful of times - not enough to get any significant feedback from players. I'll ensure it gets on rotation several more times this weekend, and hopefully get some solid feedback for you!

BD/Lycyic

Reaction score
Sweet! Thanks a lot.

I already got some minor tweaks in my head for better playability.

BD/Lycyic

Reaction score
I gathered some feedback from the map.

Just wondering. If I updated the map through Steam, does that automatically update the server version as well?

Or should I send it to you myself?

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
  • Staff
I gathered some feedback from the map.

Just wondering. If I updated the map through Steam, does that automatically update the server version as well?

Or should I send it to you myself?

Many server owners, including myself, do not directly use the workshop, due to it being fairly unsupported & finicky nature on CS:GO game servers. That being said, I usually end up pulling the updated .bsp from the workshop once it's downloaded, however the map file name would need to be updated as well, so clients don't get the "Your map differs from the server" error. For example, an update to am_research should result in am_research_v2 or _fix, or something similar. I personally prefer a _v?, as you can still push updates and it's easy to keep track of what version we're on!

BD/Lycyic

Reaction score
Many server owners, including myself, do not directly use the workshop, due to it being fairly unsupported & finicky nature on CS:GO game servers. That being said, I usually end up pulling the updated .bsp from the workshop once it's downloaded, however the map file name would need to be updated as well, so clients don't get the "Your map differs from the server" error. For example, an update to am_research should result in am_research_v2 or _fix, or something similar. I personally prefer a _v?, as you can still push updates and it's easy to keep track of what version we're on!
Alrightyou then. Good to know. I'll keep you updated ;)

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
  • Staff
Alrightyou then. Good to know. I'll keep you updated ;)
Just a heads up, the most consistent thing I've heard about the map is that it's extremely bright - I love bright maps, so it's not hard to see people, but people say it's too bright. Other than that, great!

BD/Lycyic

Reaction score
Just a heads up, the most consistent thing I've heard about the map is that it's extremely bright - I love bright maps, so it's not hard to see people, but people say it's too bright. Other than that, great!
Thanks! That's something I've heard as well. Planning on lowering the amount of snow and coloring some boxes.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?