Server Update - 5/19/19

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
We've been hearing your feedback loud and clear! With the success of our 2 Retakes servers, we have made several changes/additions:

Retakes:

• We have added a third Retakes server! You can find Retakes #3 IP over on the Servers page.
    • This server features a new weapon allocator which we will be testing, and possibly applying to the other servers if the feedback is positive. The allocator features (customizable): 4 pistol rounds, 4 force buy rounds, and weapons/equipment being assigned based upon a player's simulated money situation. I'd love to hear your feedback on it!
  • Added de_vertigo to the map pool
  • Changed start map on Retakes #2 to de_cache, all 3 servers now have different start maps to get you into your favorite map immediately after the daily restart, or a game update.
  • Spawns:
    • Cache:
      • Added a forward CT truck spawn for improved timing. Terrorists were often able to push truck without being punished for aggression. This fosters a healthier retake environment, versus peeking every round. This change should also help solve the disproportionate T/CT win ratio on A site.
      • Fixed rare bug of bomb planter being in checkers
    • Overpass:
      • Added additional plant spot to B site (behind sandbags)
      • Added additional plant spots to A site (truck, opposite side of default)
      • Added forward CT spawn for B site closer to graffiti, similar reasoning to de_cache
There are several other QOL/feature enhancements/fixes in the pipeline, keep an eye out for those in the coming weeks.
  • Today is the day we say goodbye to the FFA DM server. Between consistently low community interest, a constant fight with various issues, and the server utilizing far too many system resources, I cannot justify keeping it up any longer. We are going to re-allocate these resources to more popular games/gamemodes.
  • Fixed donate/discord/forum/teamspeak/website chat commands
  • Bhop server: Added message when switching to scroll styles warning against using macros and hyper/infinite scroll wheels (bhoptimer server owners: I've made this plugin public)

Last edited:

mbhound

Admin
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
  • Fixed donate/discord/forum/teamspeak/website chat commands
  • Bhop server: Added message when switching to scroll styles warning against using macros and hyper/infinite scroll wheels
:emoji_slight_smile:

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
  • Staff
Any chance of ffa returning?
I'm sorry about that!

The server saw little to no population the majority of the day, and the machine's resources are definitely better used elsewhere. I would like for it to return, but probably not until we have the need for another machine.

@TheKitchxn ☹

Reaction score
I'm sorry about that!

The server saw little to no population the majority of the day, and the machine's resources are definitely better used elsewhere. I would like for it to return, but probably not until we have the need for another machine.
I understand that. It's just unfortunate, i'd play hours on there while watching youtube, I like the bots and the ws

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?