I have been doing a lot of behind the scenes work getting some of our NA gameservers moved over to a new dedicated server, and getting all game servers moved over to a new daemon. We'll be maintaining all IP addresses so you will not have to update your favorites. The new system that all servers will be running on ensure a much better functionality, and QOL for everyone, such as:
- The mapvote format in all non-competitive servers has changed - slots 2-3 are no longer blocked, no vote & extend are now in positions 1 & 2 respectively. Many players were unhappy that if they wished to extend a map they would have to stop their run to press 9 to extend, so this should be a nice change.
- kz_cdr_mysterious -> kz_cdr_myst
- kz_cdr_slash -> kz_cdr_slash_final
- Updated forum to be fully GDPR compliant
- Fixed an issue with chat logging on FFA DM Server
- Added 1v1 Arenas #2 and Retakes #2 servers
These are just a few cool examples that I'm sure everyone will be looking forward to! It is a lot of work and has consumed much of my time as of recently, but once it is all said and done, it will be 110% worth the effort.
- More timely game updates (unlike the hour+ we've needed to wait for the last several updates)
- Faster crash recovery
- Instantly synced replay bots
- Private servers