Server Update - 9/11/17

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
  • Added "ramp glitch fix" to surf servers - this plugin essentially removes the root cause behind why you sometimes get 'ramp glitched', or sometimes randomly stopped on ramps. It will alter your view angle briefly because of client prediction, however you will still maintain your speed and direction. Note that this is not a replacement for poorly made ramps, as these will still stop you. This is the same fix that is in momentum mod.
  • Testing a new gloves plugin on 1v1 Arenas (better performance, previous plugin was causing other plugins to not save client preferences). Testing this plugin also on KZ server - we weren't able to use the previous gloves plugin on the KZ server due to it causing crashes, hopefully this solves the issue!
  • Broke up the text on the menu that popped up when you got challenged in 1v1 Arenas, because this blocking half of your screen was annoying as heck
  • Added kz_life_final
  • Replaced kz_man_everest_go_fix with the latest version, you will have to delete your local version if you have it downloaded! The map author updated the map (which is required for global times) but never changed the map file name. :(
This update has been kinda spread out over the last few days, not all at once today. Testing of the updated points system is happening on the dev surf server, looking good so far! Still needs a bit more testing, but if everything goes well I'm looking to have it fully released by Tuesday-Wednesday night.

On another note, I have opted to not renew our Teamspeak server, which is set to shut down on the 28th. We've pretty much made the full transition to discord, and there's no point in paying for a teamspeak which isn't used. Join us on discord: http://snksrv.com/discord

Last edited:

Fayse

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Head Admin
Reaction score
where's the GAYE tag?

pbjpie

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Events Team
Reaction score
rip the TeamSpeak, died a good death

Cwils2001

Reaction score
there are still some ramp glitches on a few maps that I have played on recently. EX. mesa fixed

pbjpie

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Events Team
Reaction score
there are still some ramp glitches on a few maps that I have played on recently. EX. mesa fixed
Note that this is not a replacement for poorly made ramps, as these will still stop you. This is the same fix that is in momentum mod.
So in other words, you still might get the occasional rampglitch. Nothing worrisome.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?