Accepted ❄ Shiron ❄ - STEAM_1:0:121223424

Discussion in 'Completed' started by ❄ Shiron ❄, Nov 10, 2018 at 10:22 AM.

1. ❄ Shiron ❄

❄ Shiron ❄ New Member

Listed Reason for ban: SMAC 0.8.7.0 Custom: Spinhack Detected

Why I should be unbanned:
    The anticheat believes I am using a spinhack, but I'm not. What I really have in game is a "spin-bind" to play around with.

Here's what it looks like in my autoexec:
    alias "+script" "incrementvar m_yaw 0.022 100 99.978;
    alias "-script" "m_yaw 0.022;sensitivity 1.25"

I know ops have the ability to see console logs and can see that I did little (if any) damage while holding down the bind. It's an ability I can have in game without modifications. In fact when I used to play on my laptop, by touching my touchscreen ingame it had the same effect. I just felt like grabbing a Scout and jumping around the map trying to be funny. iirc my K-D ratio was like 10-45.

I put the console logs in Pastebin:
    https://pastebin.com/uXJKMeKh
    Near the end you can notice I basically stopped dealing damage. I don't know if mods have access to individual players' console logs but if you do you can cross reference to make sure this isn't made up.

2. sneaK

sneaK Owner Owner Admin Ops Team Moderator

Ah, this was indeed a false positive caused by an out-of-date anticheat module that I guess I never updated on FFA DM. The update fixes this particular issue, but definitely try to avoid doing this in the future!

Fixed and unbanned, sorry for the inconvenience!