Position(s) you are applying for:

Server(s) you primarily play on:
easy surf

Would you commit yourself to regularly answering Call Admin pings via Discord?:
Yes

Days/Times of the week you are usually on:
9am-2am (GMT-6)

What unique qualities would you bring to the position(s) you are applying for?:
I like to do a little trolling so I would own any and all potential trolls without hesitation with a sniper's accuracy. I also like to consider myself a support structure of positivity in the surf community, bringing big laughs, fun conversations, and competition in less played maps (example: surf_classics3)

Have you ever had any administrative action taken upon you?:
muted 9 times and banned temporarily 2 times

Any additional relevant information:
Most of my mutes were influenced by toxic individuals I surrounded myself with, but as of recently I've matured and strived to become a better person. The bans I had were both temporary and not administered due to any malicious means. The first ban was a 24-hour ban since the server was bullying me and vote muting me, to avoid the server getting what they wanted I left which resulted in a 24-hour ban, the second ban I had was a result of me having a controller plugged in causing the console to ban me without any warning.

most of my mutes were just a part of heated arguments than NEEDED to be resolved then and there, but once the punishment was inflicted I respected the admin's decision and stopped causing problems (unlike some people).

I started surfing in 2019 but joined sneaks for the first time in 2016 and with my time on the server I was able to achieve grand things like a rank 3 on classics3, a star in my rank which according to high level surfers gives you the right to have an opinion. sneaks was where I learned to pre strafe a 500 and get insulted by GFL admins cause sneaks also factored in Y units in your pre-strafe.

I would bring a firm attitude to trolls and racist neerdowells who would try to ruin my favorite surf server. I have also done my part to let admins know of toxic behavior than then led to the bans of notorious problem-causing surfers. please take your time to really consider the fantastic qualities I could bring to the surf environment as a moderator.

Goldblosom

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Reaction score
1. Can't recall ever seeing you in server, if I have, you either didn't make an impression at all or it was a bad one.
2. With the amount of mutes and bans its an insta red flag for me.
3. Your chat logs aren't exactly.. the best.
4. "most of my mutes were just a part of heated arguments than NEEDED to be resolved then and there" There is literally no reason for this, and the fact that you believe it "NEEDED" to be "resolved" by arguing in the server and causing commotion says a lot.

Play some more on the server, bring a positive attitude and positive vibes, and then maybe reapply in the future. From what I'm seeing, you're just another guy on the server who likes to make our jobs a little harder. However, I'd love to be proven wrong by future interaction and behavior. Thanks for taking interest in being a part of the team, but it has to be a -1 from me for now.

Cheers and good luck.

Bubbly

Reaction score
1. Can't recall ever seeing you in server, if I have, you either didn't make an impression at all or it was a bad one.
2. With the amount of mutes and bans its an insta red flag for me.
3. Your chat logs aren't exactly.. the best.
4. "most of my mutes were just a part of heated arguments than NEEDED to be resolved then and there" There is literally no reason for this, and the fact that you believe it "NEEDED" to be "resolved" by arguing in the server and causing commotion says a lot.

Play some more on the server, bring a positive attitude and positive vibes, and then maybe reapply in the future. From what I'm seeing, you're just another guy on the server who likes to make our jobs a little harder. However, I'd love to be proven wrong by future interaction and behavior. Thanks for taking interest in being a part of the team, but it has to be a -1 from me for now.

Cheers and good luck.
most of your points are very fair but saying that you haven't seen me on the servers just means you haven't paid enough attention to the community as you may have thought you had, my play time alone on the server is just over 1000 hours! Now you can definitely make a case on perhaps us having alternating schedules and just playing at different times, but with over 1000 hours that's hard to believe, I guess in the future I'll do my grandest to leave a more lasting impression for yourself and all other surfers who aren't familiar with who I am.

Attachments

• Screenshot_7.png
    Screenshot_7.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 16

Goldblosom

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Reaction score
most of your points are very fair but saying that you haven't seen me on the servers just means you haven't paid enough attention to the community as you may have thought you had, my play time alone on the server is just over 1000 hours! Now you can definitely make a case on perhaps us having alternating schedules and just playing at different times, but with over 1000 hours that's hard to believe, I guess in the future I'll do my grandest to leave a more lasting impression for yourself and all other surfers who aren't familiar with who I am.
I believe you missed the main point of that first comment that was also summarized in my final statement in favor of an alternative interpretation.

First, the alternating schedules possibility was represented by the "if I have" in my statement.
Second, you have now shown you have zero comprehension regarding our server, interactions, or the sheer number of people that connect on a daily basis whether regularly or only once. The accusation of me not "paying as much attention to the server as I thought" because you as an individual did not make an impression on me is hilarious.
Third, time played is not a direct representation of your involvement with the community.

And once again like my final statement said and you seem to be reluctantly agreeing to in your own final statement, Play some more on the server, bring a positive attitude and positive vibes, and then maybe reapply in the future.

Vexxology ツ

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score

So... from what I'm witnessing, for someone that is eager to apply for a staff position the maturity doesn't seem to be there. Arguing with constructive criticism being provided by staff on a staff application is not a good look and definitely gives a negative feeling. You were given the opportunity to explain or even take responsibility to the things mentioned in their response, but instead you doubled down on your take and tried to accuse them of not knowing the community... I will let you know that Gold responds to more calladmins than you probably ever knew about. Playtime does not reflect your effort in providing a positive influence to the community, it reflects how much time you spend or are afk in the server which has no reflection of your behavior or attitude so it's a moot point.

I definitely have to agree with Gold here... given your response to constructive feedback, you should play on the server more and provide a more positive attitude and re-apply in the future. Hopefully you are able to take something away from this and continue improving yourself until you decide to re-apply.

Unfortunately it's a -1 from me as well.

Frumpy

Admin
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Events Team
Reaction score
iu

plank

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Reaction score