Position(s) you are applying for:

Server(s) you primarily play on:
sneak easy, sneak advanced and sneak beginner

Would you commit yourself to regularly answering Call Admin pings via Discord?:
Yes

Days/Times of the week you are usually on:
every day (with rare periodic short breaks) 10am-11pm or 3pm-11pm

What unique qualities would you bring to the position(s) you are applying for?:
I am on about 65-75 hrs a week so I will provide the server with near constant moderation. I also have experience moderating twitch chats and discord servers

Have you ever had any administrative action taken upon you?:
I was falsely muted two times by goldblossom the first time was for baiting which I didn't do and she refused to tell me what I said after repeatedly asking and the second time was for racism, people were joking about hating races and then I said "I was gonna joke about black people but I aint tryna get banned" and she muted me

Any additional relevant information:
to be honest at first I was hesitant to acquire the moderation position but i'm tired of mic spammers harassing the server and I want the power to mute them and surf peacefully (it happens often that there are mic spammers with no mods around in fact most of the time there are no mods on the server)

Lifeline

Former Staff
Former Staff
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
Any additional relevant information:
to be honest at first I was hesitant to acquire the moderation position but i'm tired of mic spammers harassing the server and I want the power to mute them and surf peacefully (it happens often that there are mic spammers with no mods around in fact most of the time there are no mods on the server)
!calladmin is a thing. so staff know someone is mic spamming and they can come and mute them if needed.

Kuiq

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Events Team
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
Have you ever had any administrative action taken upon you?:
I was falsely muted two times by goldblossom the first time was for baiting which I didn't do and she refused to tell me what I said after repeatedly asking and the second time was for racism, people were joking about hating races and then I said "I was gonna joke about black people but I aint tryna get banned" and she muted me
I went ahead an went through chatlogs on the days you were muted to hopefully get a general idea of the situation, there's a few things I want to say considering you're applying for staff.

Keep in mind our goal is keep the servers clean and fun for all players

For the first mute, that day you had said.
11/02/2020 20:16:06 FadedFrank (STEAM_1:0:513315916) i asked someone why they thought the n word was racist
As someone applying for staff and someone who has a good amount of hours on community servers and moderation experience on other platforms you should know more than well by now how the cs community or any community discord and twitch chat reacts to anything like that. (You say that in twitch chat and you'll be shutdown immediately, discord as well.) That can easily stir up a server and cause chaos and nobody likes chaos, staff have to deal with so many people causing problems all the time so when someone brings up race especially in that context it's pretty clear what's going to happen.

For the second mute, you claim it's unfair/false. that day you had said.
11/09/2020 00:16:52 FadedFrank (STEAM_1:0:513315916) i said america had too many black people'
11/09/2020 00:17:35 FadedFrank (STEAM_1:0:513315916) but then i said im joking but at least this time i had a reason to get muted
You seem to have agreed with this mute but disagree with it in your application. Also saying something is a "joke" doesn't excuse anything you had said.

And here's your third mute.
11/30/2020 19:24:08 FadedFrank (STEAM_1:0:513315916) bitch takes any excuse to mute anyone
11/30/2020 19:36:34 FadedFrank (STEAM_1:0:513315916) the only thing the grease ball bitch does is come in and mute people
Aside from the toxicity towards a member of the community and someone volunteering to help the community stay clean, they can't always play 24/7. Most of the time when someone gets muted it's due to a calladmin, which is what !calladmin is used for, calling for a staff member to come in and deal with someone breaking the rules. It's extremely hard to get enough people to volunteer to monitor 10+ servers 24/7.

If you genuinely believe a staff member is being abusive, you can privately report them here on the forum.

At the end of the day I wasn't there when you were muted so I don't know the full situation, my only information is the chatlogs. If gold wants to expand on the mutes she can however she doesn't need to.

Moderating is a lot more than just muting mic spammers and blatant racists, there's a lot of unknowns staff have to deal with and deal with those situations wisely and based off experience.

You do have quite a lot of time played on the servers and seeing community members applying for staff is always appreciated, but just chill with the edgy stuff a bit.

I'm not giving a +1 or -1 as I don't know enough about you which is due to me being on the inactive side, but I wish you luck.

FadedFrank

Reaction score
I understand that I shouldn't have said those things but to be fair i was inebriated and still salty about getting muted the first time. and to clarify i was not breaking the rules on the first mute in no way was I baiting anyone to break any rules I was just curious what points the person who screamed "ok. ok whoever the f*ck says the nword and isn't black is f*cking racist no matter the reason" could come up with. in no way was I insulting the black community. as for the second mute I didn't remember I actually made the joke so I apologize for that mistake (but i want to note that I was the only one muted for making an offensive joke and i'm the only one who clarified i was joking yet there were 7-8 people who made the same joke with different races or ethnicities) also in no way was I trying to report goldblossom, if i wanted to do that it would be much more effective just to write a complaint in the form meant for complaints. the reason i mentioned her name is cause she has a reputation of provoking people and muting for unknown reasons and i often hear people complain to her about unjustifully muting them. third mute I dont see a reason for my mute and i can't remember what it was but judging by my heated comments it seems I didnt think i should have been muted and after being muted 3 times by the same admin with no explanation for two of the cases i was obviously losing my patience. and finally im not criticizing the server for a lack of admins im simply sick and tired of mic spammers and trolls. I remember playing gekume circumcision and this really toxic guy with a loud mic was harassing everyone who could hear him yelling profanities calling names making fun of speech impediments etc... multiple people tried to calladmin but nobody came and he stayed in the server for a few hours just harassing people. all i want is for there to be less of those situations because surf is where I spend most of my days and i dont want my days to be miserable. thank you for hearing my side have a nice day. (also I rarely make jokes about race for this very reason so i already cooled it on the edgy humor)

FadedFrank

Reaction score
I understand that I shouldn't have said those things but to be fair i was inebriated and still salty about getting muted the first time. and to clarify i was not breaking the rules on the first mute in no way was I baiting anyone to break any rules I was just curious what points the person who screamed "ok. ok whoever the f*ck says the nword and isn't black is f*cking racist no matter the reason" could come up with. in no way was I insulting the black community. as for the second mute I didn't remember I actually made the joke so I apologize for that mistake (but i want to note that I was the only one muted for making an offensive joke and i'm the only one who clarified i was joking yet there were 7-8 people who made the same joke with different races or ethnicities) also in no way was I trying to report goldblossom, if i wanted to do that it would be much more effective just to write a complaint in the form meant for complaints. the reason i mentioned her name is cause she has a reputation of provoking people and muting for unknown reasons and i often hear people complain to her about unjustifully muting them. third mute I dont see a reason for my mute and i can't remember what it was but judging by my heated comments it seems I didnt think i should have been muted and after being muted 3 times by the same admin with no explanation for two of the cases i was obviously losing my patience. and finally im not criticizing the server for a lack of admins im simply sick and tired of mic spammers and trolls. I remember playing gekume circumcision and this really toxic guy with a loud mic was harassing everyone who could hear him yelling profanities calling names making fun of speech impediments etc... multiple people tried to calladmin but nobody came and he stayed in the server for a few hours just harassing people. all i want is for there to be less of those situations because surf is where I spend most of my days and i dont want my days to be miserable. thank you for hearing my side have a nice day. (also I rarely make jokes about race for this very reason so i already cooled it on the edgy humor)
ah yes the classics goldblossom mutes

Vexxology ツ

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
Chatlogs alone, disrespecting and insulting staff that are trying to keep the community a better place for you and everyone else and then turning around and wanting to be staff is a huge red flag to me. If you cannot respect those that are going out of their way to try and make the community the best experience for you and others then I would hate to see how you treat others if you had a staff position and lost your cool because you were inebriated or another reason. Nothing can really excuse this kind of behavior as I've been in the same situation and still have to live with the consequences of my actions to this day, it does not give you a pass or justify what was said or done. "They say the truth comes out when you’re drunk." ~American Addictions Center (AAC)

Right now it's a -1 from me, hopefully you can improve your attitude and behavior in the future as we always want people that will help us keep the community a fun and relaxing experience. Respect is what you would want if you were to be in the same position as any other staff member, imagine being told similar things like what you said in those chatlogs. Hopefully this will provide insight into your application and help you in the future should you become staff.

FadedFrank

Reaction score
Chatlogs alone, disrespecting and insulting staff that are trying to keep the community a better place for you and everyone else and then turning around and wanting to be staff is a huge red flag to me. If you cannot respect those that are going out of their way to try and make the community the best experience for you and others then I would hate to see how you treat others if you had a staff position and lost your cool because you were inebriated or another reason. Nothing can really excuse this kind of behavior as I've been in the same situation and still have to live with the consequences of my actions to this day, it does not give you a pass or justify what was said or done. "They say the truth comes out when you’re drunk." ~American Addictions Center (AAC)

Right now it's a -1 from me, hopefully you can improve your attitude and behavior in the future as we always want people that will help us keep the community a fun and relaxing experience. Respect is what you would want if you were to be in the same position as any other staff member, imagine being told similar things like what you said in those chatlogs. Hopefully this will provide insight into your application and help you in the future should you become staff.
in the entire time i played surf only two people got on my nerves. There is goldblossom who mutes people with no explanation and purposely provokes many people. And the second is that person who harassed everyone including me. I know every single frequent player on sneaks surf and I get along quite well with them and enjoy their company that's why i have +3 weeks gameplay on your servers. You tell me I should improve my attitude however this happened a long time ago and also its not polite to go around calling people alcoholic racists. Also I wasnt drunk while i made the joke about black people I just continued a chain of jokes and so there would be no misunderstanding I said "im joking im joking".I was talking about what i said to goldblossom ALSO let it be known that many people were already shit talking her and i just joined in cause I was annoyed with her as well. if you dont belive me you can ask people who frequent the server if im the slightest bit toxic or racist or mean to anyone and they will say no actually IF SOMEONE IS READING THIS AND YOU KNOW ME IN GAME REPLY WITH AN HONEST OPINION ON WHETHER I AM TOXIC OR NOT. like seriously who would be dumb enough to waste over five hundred hours on a server just to get banned by abusing mod priv?

Kuiq

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Events Team
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
I appreciate the extra context so if you don't mind I'm gonna give my thoughts.

I was just curious what points the person who screamed "ok. ok whoever the f*ck says the nword and isn't black is f*cking racist no matter the reason" could come up with.
As staff this is one of the situations that can be difficult to deal with as race discussion gets out of hand REAL fast on csgo, personally I would try and get the subject changed and just try to not get into race discussion as based on experience it goes from a discussion to a bunch of people talking over each other and many many people needing mutes very very fast.

the reason i mentioned her name is cause she has a reputation of provoking people and muting for unknown reasons and i often hear people complain to her about unjustifully muting them
This I have to disagree with just based on experience as a staff member, people on cs are extremely good at spreading rumors and completely twisting the truth. The amount of racist and toxic people that get muted and turn around and say they did absolutely nothing wrong and the staff member is abusing is insanely high. If a staff member is being abusive THAT MUCH why is nobody reporting it with proof? I've had people go ape shit for getting muted screaming the hard r and saying they did nothing wrong, same goes for mic spammers, toxicity, baiting, sexism, etc. With the amount of people that get muted, some of them might get muted for something they consider to be fairly minor and unfair but on our end what they did could easily get out hand and cause the server to go ape shit.

While some people will disagree with some staffs decisions, our goal is to make the servers safe and clean for everyone and most people don't enjoy listening to discussions about race, politics etc, especially when it's 8 people screaming over each other. Most people just want to play and chill.

A lot of times when those discussions are happening there's multiple people yelling over each other and it can be quite hard to figure out who is saying what especially if someone is just getting on the server to respond to a calladmin, none of the voices will be immediately recognizable and it's a clusterfuck.

Nobody likes getting muted even if they're breaking rules, so when you have someone like gold who is extremely active and has a LOAD of mutes her reputation isn't going to seem great as the people getting muted are often the loudest and tend to be fairly toxic and have some influence with a lot of people in the servers.

If you go to a different part of the community that isn't strictly csgo like the discord where she also has powers to mute people, her reputation is fairly good, and I rarely see anyone genuinely giving her shit for abusing powers.

let it be known that many people were already shit talking her and i just joined in cause I was annoyed with her as well.
And all of those people were breaking rule 1 and possibly rule 7 depending on what they were saying, and you proceeded to join in, which means you were also breaking rule 1. I'm assuming you've been over the rules and know the baseline and responsibilities for becoming staff so I'm hoping you've changed your viewpoint on things. Also there are multiple ways to selfmute users in game which you can use.

Gold has a massive backlog of mutes/gags and is one of the more active mods, so getting backlash is to be expected, unfortunately that's just how the cs community is. Are 100% of her mutes fair, probably not. Some might be excessive and some might have been accidents, It's bound to happen.

What I don't understand is it seems like a lot of people are giving gold a load of shit and being toxic because she's abusing powers, however nobody is giving proof of her abusing powers, so all I'm reading is that a bunch of people are breaking rules being toxic to a member of the community, she then has more than enough reason to mute said people and those people will probably end up saying she's abusing powers and spreading false information.

From what I've read she abuses powers quite a lot since so many people seem to dislike her for it, so if it happens THAT OFTEN to so many people, it can't be that hard to get proof of it happening and yet nobody has reported her with proof yet.

Now imagine having to deal with that and getting shit on every single time you join the server, I hope you can understand how dealing with that kind of shit constantly isn't fun.

A lot of people on csgo do not like staff on any community server on cs, some of the people you might consider friends on the servers could instantly 180 the moment you get staff. It's happened more often than you would think.

Lastly if you genuinely have a problem with gold you should talk with her privately and get it sorted, drama between staff is a big no and sneak definitely will not let that slide.

I also want to clarify I'm not saying all of your mutes were justified, I just want to give a bigger picture and an idea of how some of us might see things compared to the average player.

Last edited:

Vexxology ツ

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
For one, nobody called you an alcoholic racist. Secondly you decided to shit talk her because everyone else did? Not only does that raise even more of a red flag but also speaks volumes in regards to the level of maturity you're bringing to us today. "If everyone jumped off a bridge, would you?" speaks to this very well. It's okay to have an opinion but again disrespecting a staff member and not even apologizing and then the day it's being brought up in your staff application app and you're trying to justify it by blaming others...

This I have to disagree with just based on experience as a staff member, people on cs are extremely good at spreading rumors and completely twisting the truth. The amount of racist and toxic people that get muted and turn around and say they did absolutely nothing wrong and the staff member is abusing is insanely high. If a staff member is being abusive THAT MUCH why is nobody reporting it with proof? I've had people go ape shit for getting muted screaming the hard r and saying they did nothing wrong, same goes for mic spammers, toxicity, baiting, sexism, etc. With the amount of people that get muted, some of them might get muted for something they consider to be fairly minor and unfair but on our end what they did could easily get out hand and cause the server to go ape shit.

Gold has a massive backlog of mutes/gags and is one of the more active mods, so getting backlash is to be expected, unfortunately that's just how the cs community is. Are 100% of her mutes fair, probably not. Some might be excessive and some might have been accidents, It's bound to happen.

What I don't understand is it seems like a lot of people are giving gold a load of shit and being toxic because she's abusing powers, however nobody is giving proof of her abusing powers, so all I'm reading is that a bunch of people are breaking rules being toxic to a member of the community, she then has more than enough reason to mute said people and those people will probably end up saying she's abusing powers and spreading false information.

If you'd like to see why Goldblosom is currently staff you can see her staff application here. You can see why she was chosen and I can tell you from personal experience the people that have had administrative action taken against them, if it wasn't an accident then they deserved it. Through the amount of calladmins that she responds to she justifies any actions taken in our staff conversations. From a previous community member prior to becoming staff, and a staff perspective, there is no action taken without reason in sneak's community, and as you mentioned in your app of why you wanted to become a mod you should be able to agree with me. Although accidents happen it's not very often and that's why I agree 100% with what Kuiq is saying.

Given how defensive you're getting in this app I just want to remind you that when I speak of your attitude and behavior I'm not referring to toxicity I'm talking about how defensive you're getting, the way that you're responding to the feedback and your view towards a specific staff member is showing us that you currently are not presenting yourself in a good way. Please note that +1 or -1 does not influence the final decision of the acceptance or rejection of your staff application, we want to provide feedback in case there are areas where we can help you improve so that if you are not accepted that you know what we are looking for in the future should you want to apply again.

Last edited:

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register