Denied Staff Application - FadedFrank

FadedFrank

Reaction score
I appreciate the extra context so if you don't mind I'm gonna give my thoughts.

As staff this is one of the situations that can be difficult to deal with as race discussion gets out of hand REAL fast on csgo, personally I would try and get the subject changed and just try to not get into race discussion as based on experience it goes from a discussion to a bunch of people talking over each other and many many people needing mutes very very fast.

This I have to disagree with just based on experience as a staff member, people on cs are extremely good at spreading rumors and completely twisting the truth. The amount of racist and toxic people that get muted and turn around and say they did absolutely nothing wrong and the staff member is abusing is insanely high. If a staff member is being abusive THAT MUCH why is nobody reporting it with proof? I've had people go ape shit for getting muted screaming the hard r and saying they did nothing wrong, same goes for mic spammers, toxicity, baiting, sexism, etc. With the amount of people that get muted, some of them might get muted for something they consider to be fairly minor and unfair but on our end what they did could easily get out hand and cause the server to go ape shit.

While some people will disagree with some staffs decisions, our goal is to make the servers safe and clean for everyone and most people don't enjoy listening to discussions about race, politics etc, especially when it's 8 people screaming over each other. Most people just want to play and chill.

A lot of times when those discussions are happening there's multiple people yelling over each other and it can be quite hard to figure out who is saying what especially if someone is just getting on the server to respond to a calladmin, none of the voices will be immediately recognizable and it's a clusterfuck.

Nobody likes getting muted even if they're breaking rules, so when you have someone like gold who is extremely active and has a LOAD of mutes her reputation isn't going to seem great as the people getting muted are often the loudest and tend to be fairly toxic and have some influence with a lot of people in the servers.

If you go to a different part of the community that isn't strictly csgo like the discord where she also has powers to mute people, her reputation is fairly good, and I rarely see anyone genuinely giving her shit for abusing powers.

And all of those people were breaking rule 1 and possibly rule 7 depending on what they were saying, and you proceeded to join in, which means you were also breaking rule 1. I'm assuming you've been over the rules and know the baseline and responsibilities for becoming staff so I'm hoping you've changed your viewpoint on things. Also there are multiple ways to selfmute users in game which you can use.

Gold has a massive backlog of mutes/gags and is one of the more active mods, so getting backlash is to be expected, unfortunately that's just how the cs community is. Are 100% of her mutes fair, probably not. Some might be excessive and some might have been accidents, It's bound to happen.

What I don't understand is it seems like a lot of people are giving gold a load of shit and being toxic because she's abusing powers, however nobody is giving proof of her abusing powers, so all I'm reading is that a bunch of people are breaking rules being toxic to a member of the community, she then has more than enough reason to mute said people and those people will probably end up saying she's abusing powers and spreading false information.

From what I've read she abuses powers quite a lot since so many people seem to dislike her for it, so if it happens THAT OFTEN to so many people, it can't be that hard to get proof of it happening and yet nobody has reported her with proof yet.

Now imagine having to deal with that and getting shit on every single time you join the server, I hope you can understand how dealing with that kind of shit constantly isn't fun.

A lot of people on csgo do not like staff on any community server on cs, some of the people you might consider friends on the servers could instantly 180 the moment you get staff. It's happened more often than you would think.

Lastly if you genuinely have a problem with gold you should talk with her privately and get it sorted, drama between staff is a big no and sneak definitely will not let that slide.

I also want to clarify I'm not saying all of your mutes were justified, I just want to give a bigger picture and an idea of how some of us might see things compared to the average pla got no beef with her i stop giving a dam in like under an hour
I appreciate the extra context so if you don't mind I'm gonna give my thoughts.

As staff this is one of the situations that can be difficult to deal with as race discussion gets out of hand REAL fast on csgo, personally I would try and get the subject changed and just try to not get into race discussion as based on experience it goes from a discussion to a bunch of people talking over each other and many many people needing mutes very very fast.

This I have to disagree with just based on experience as a staff member, people on cs are extremely good at spreading rumors and completely twisting the truth. The amount of racist and toxic people that get muted and turn around and say they did absolutely nothing wrong and the staff member is abusing is insanely high. If a staff member is being abusive THAT MUCH why is nobody reporting it with proof? I've had people go ape shit for getting muted screaming the hard r and saying they did nothing wrong, same goes for mic spammers, toxicity, baiting, sexism, etc. With the amount of people that get muted, some of them might get muted for something they consider to be fairly minor and unfair but on our end what they did could easily get out hand and cause the server to go ape shit.

While some people will disagree with some staffs decisions, our goal is to make the servers safe and clean for everyone and most people don't enjoy listening to discussions about race, politics etc, especially when it's 8 people screaming over each other. Most people just want to play and chill.

A lot of times when those discussions are happening there's multiple people yelling over each other and it can be quite hard to figure out who is saying what especially if someone is just getting on the server to respond to a calladmin, none of the voices will be immediately recognizable and it's a clusterfuck.

Nobody likes getting muted even if they're breaking rules, so when you have someone like gold who is extremely active and has a LOAD of mutes her reputation isn't going to seem great as the people getting muted are often the loudest and tend to be fairly toxic and have some influence with a lot of people in the servers.

If you go to a different part of the community that isn't strictly csgo like the discord where she also has powers to mute people, her reputation is fairly good, and I rarely see anyone genuinely giving her shit for abusing powers.

And all of those people were breaking rule 1 and possibly rule 7 depending on what they were saying, and you proceeded to join in, which means you were also breaking rule 1. I'm assuming you've been over the rules and know the baseline and responsibilities for becoming staff so I'm hoping you've changed your viewpoint on things. Also there are multiple ways to selfmute users in game which you can use.

Gold has a massive backlog of mutes/gags and is one of the more active mods, so getting backlash is to be expected, unfortunately that's just how the cs community is. Are 100% of her mutes fair, probably not. Some might be excessive and some might have been accidents, It's bound to happen.

What I don't understand is it seems like a lot of people are giving gold a load of shit and being toxic because she's abusing powers, however nobody is giving proof of her abusing powers, so all I'm reading is that a bunch of people are breaking rules being toxic to a member of the community, she then has more than enough reason to mute said people and those people will probably end up saying she's abusing powers and spreading false information.

From what I've read she abuses powers quite a lot since so many people seem to dislike her for it, so if it happens THAT OFTEN to so many people, it can't be that hard to get proof of it happening and yet nobody has reported her with proof yet.

Now imagine having to deal with that and getting shit on every single time you join the server, I hope you can understand how dealing with that kind of shit constantly isn't fun.

A lot of people on csgo do not like staff on any community server on cs, some of the people you might consider friends on the servers could instantly 180 the moment you get staff. It's happened more often than you would think.

Lastly if you genuinely have a problem with gold you should talk with her privately and get it sorted, drama between staff is a big no and sneak definitely will not let that slide.

I also want to clarify I'm not saying all of your mutes were justified, I just want to give a bigger picture and an idea of how some of us might see things compared to the average player.
I am not one to dwell on the past I stopped giving a dam about it after like 2 hours when she joins the server i am quite polite to her and always have been ive only ever been toxic to her once right after she muted me and the time i joked about black people did I give her shit about it then? no I was only mad in the moment because i felt i was treated unfairly but this incident was months ago. also I wasnt rude for the first mute either. as for the proof barely anyone has recording software going on in the background and people primarily use voice chat not written chat. also don't you think it's strange that its one admin in particular who is getting all these complaints? maybe there is a reason for that. I actually enjoyed her company before she started targeting me its a shame. (almost forgot to point out she is the only one who has muted me) if i really had a putrid behavior i would have been muted by other mods too

FadedFrank

Reaction score
For one, nobody called you an alcoholic racist. Secondly you decided to shit talk her because everyone else did? Not only does that raise even more of a red flag but also speaks volumes in regards to the level of maturity you're bringing to us today. "If everyone jumped off a bridge, would you?" speaks to this very well. It's okay to have an opinion but again disrespecting a staff member and not even apologizing and then the day it's being brought up in your staff application app and you're trying to justify it by blaming others...

If you'd like to see why Goldblosom is currently staff you can see her staff application here. You can see why she was chosen and I can tell you from personal experience the people that have had administrative action taken against them, if it wasn't an accident then they deserved it. Through the amount of calladmins that she responds to she justifies any actions taken in our staff conversations. From a previous community member prior to becoming staff, and a staff perspective, there is no action taken without reason in sneak's community, and as you mentioned in your app of why you wanted to become a mod you should be able to agree with me. Although accidents happen it's not very often and that's why I agree 100% with what Kuiq is saying.

Given how defensive you're getting in this app I just want to remind you that when I speak of your attitude and behavior I'm not referring to toxicity I'm talking about how defensive you're getting, the way that you're responding to the feedback and your view towards a specific staff member is showing us that you currently are not presenting yourself in a good way. Please note that +1 or -1 does not influence the final decision of the acceptance or rejection of your staff application, we want to provide feedback in case there are areas where we can help you improve so that if you are not accepted that you know what we are looking for in the future should you want to apply again.
then what exactly did you mean by "They say the truth comes out when you’re drunk." ~American Addictions Center (AAC) what is the truth that came out? do you assume i'm an addict? a clarification would be appreciated. also i was only rude to her once because she was abusing her powers and not because of other people shit talking her. i just wanted to point out im not the only one who was mad for being falsely muted. also all that happened months ago

Kuiq

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Events Team
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
also don't you think it's strange that its one admin in particular who is getting all these complaints?
Not at all as she's one of the most active currently, there have been many staff members if not all who have been in the same situation in previous years.

Frumpy, Ady, and Fayse to name a few. I can't even tell you how much shit those 3 have gotten over the last 5 years.

Fayse having logged over 3k mutes/gags and 1.5k bans, even if all of those are justified he will get called out for abuse and he has, many many many times. As they are some of the oldest staff members I can say from experience being in the servers with all of them during the accusations of abuse when the mutes and bans happened, a lot if not all of those accusations are false.

Every staff member will get called out for abuse at some point, some less than others. (I've been called out before as well although not a lot as I tend to not make myself known and I don't have anywhere near the amount of mutes as gold as I'm not nearly as active

And again I'm not saying gold is 100% accurate with all the mutes and gags however I am confident she doesn't abuse powers.

as for the proof barely anyone has recording software going on in the background and people primarily use voice chat not written chat
This is 50/50 for me, most people that play games have some sort of recording software easily available to open, when she joins you could easily open it and record. A lot of people also have shadowplay or the built in windows 10 recording, which you can have both save the last 5m or 15m or whatever. You don't even need to actively be recording. And with how often this seems to be happening it can't be that hard for 1 person to record it happening once.

Vexxology ツ

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
then what exactly did you mean by "They say the truth comes out when you’re drunk." ~American Addictions Center (AAC) what is the truth that came out? do you assume i'm an addict? a clarification would be appreciated. also i was only rude to her once because she was abusing her powers and not because of other people shit talking her. i just wanted to point out im not the only one who was mad for being falsely muted. also all that happened months ago

You claimed that you were inebriated and that's why you ended up disrespecting and insulting that admin, you say you didn't mean it and tried to justify it.

FadedFrank

Reaction score
You claimed that you were inebriated and that's why you ended up disrespecting and insulting that admin, you say you didn't mean it and tried to justify it.
i did mean it i just shouldnt have said it also im done defending myself its a waste of time

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
We do appreciate the initiative, however it does appear there are significant ideological differences that are contrary to our core beliefs and ruleset here.

Being a positively contributing and active member here really goes a long way, for everyone. Thank you for the interest!

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?