Moderator, Administrator

Server(s) you primarily play on:
Beginners Surf, Easy Surf, BHOP

Would you commit yourself to regularly answering Call Admin pings via Discord?:
Yes

Days/Times of the week you are usually on:
~3or4 days within Mon-Friday. One weekenday at least

What unique qualities would you bring to the position(s) you are applying for?:
I get the impression there are guys who want to become staff just to flex they have ban abilities and recieve instant respect. I assure you, this is not the motivating factor behind applying. While I enjoy the banter that goes on about in that server for the most part, there is never a shortage of someone taking things way too far. Given how slack things are on that server, banable offences are reserved for the people who are out to personally stir the pot and otherwise get a rise out of others misfortune (mic spam, racism, sexism, bullying).

So what I propose may seem of interest to you. Because

1. I am new, as you guys know. I posted in introductions a few weeks ago.
2. I don't use mic often, so don't at this point have much of a 'presence' won the server - arguably a good thing. However one reason is how absolutely rediculous the chat can get sometimes.
3. I have no intent on vocalizing I have moderator permissions if this were approved - so should I be given the position, you could compare me to that of a mystery shopper in a sense. Typical troll behavior will tone down when admins come on. Most admins are quite social and are recognized on joining. This is a behavior deterrent, and that isn't a bad thing. It pains me that I cannot do anything when full on cringe is keyboard ninjaing for lengthly periods of time
4. I could probably help out in numerous other ways. I am a pretty smart dude, especially with computers.
5. I've run servers in the past, most specifically Bukkit servers for Minecraft years ago. I am sort of a master of none but programmer of all, and have a high focus in linux operating systems, computer security, exploitation, etc.
6. I have no intent of flexing or abusing power. But I think we could weed some of their behavior by issuing temp bans to those who are being over the top racist/retarded. No confrontation necessary. I am confident I can make good calls without second guessing myself when need be. Fact is, it's not even offensive, it's just annoying. So honestly, the best solution is to make them feel as such if they won't take warnings seriously.
7. I guess in relation to the computers/linux stuff, is I am quite familiar with CLI based operating - so learning the server commands, cvars, etc will be a breeze.

Have you ever had any administrative action taken upon you?:
Nah. I don't find acting irate to be a respectable quality nor humerous.

Any additional relevant information:
1. Gaming CS since 1.5 on and off.
2. Familiar with the hacking scene/hook methods/mapping/modding/scripting
3. Firm grasp of the game, and getting better at surfing
4. Keen on keeping some sort of order in the server when things get REALLY bad. I'm not out to be a killjoy. I don't think the goal is to have a clean, swear free server. That'd suck in itself. But I can make good calls when people just won't stop acting out.
5. Previous experience with HL Engine and HL2 Engine console, managing servers, lots of CLI workflow in general, etc, even Bukkit server hosting for Minecraft a while ago.
6. Extensive knowledge on server maintenance, Windows, Linux Distributions, Cyber Security, various programming languages and methods.
7. A bit older, and a little wiser.

I'd like to be clear, I am applying for this because I could easily help out a bit while I am on. I have no cares to hold authority over anyone, expect special treatment or treat others in any way other than based on their actions.

I hope the team reads this and keeps me in mind down the road, as I'm sticking around. Any other questions, feel free to fire away!

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Just doing our due diligence here...your linked steam account was created just over a month ago. What's the story with that?

Glory-O

Reaction score
Of course. Well I stopped playing for a while. I can't remember the password for the account or email I used previously. I was likely under the alias AntahonistXX.I tried to get it back but Steam won't help me out. I had some other games like PUBG as well..

That's the short of it. I can explain the long version if you want.

Dark Rose

Reaction score
+1 Amazing app I hope you make it man. I respect all the work you put into this.

Glory-O

Reaction score
+1 Amazing app I hope you make it man. I respect all the work you put into this.

Thanks bro. For what it is worth, I should say this app is more so one to throw out the idea of what I am about. I am in no rush and I'm sticking around.

PS - appreciate the help you gave me yesterday on one of the maps (I completed it)

Peace

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register