Steam Profile Link:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/1022017

Position(s) you are applying for:

Server(s) you primarily play on:
Advanced / VIP, More recently Beginner/Easy

Would you commit yourself to regularly answering Call Admin pings via Discord?:
Yes

Days/Times of the week you are usually on:
M-Thursday: 5:30 PM - 9:30/10:00 PM Central, F: 5:30 PM - Midnight (sometimes later), Saturday: 10am - Midnight (sometimes later) Sunday: 10am - 9:30/10 PM

What unique qualities would you bring to the position(s) you are applying for?:
First and foremost, I have had previous experiences with being in a few 1.6 communities. Most recently (5-7 years ago) http://www.wristhax.com/XenStaff/ Scroll down to Veterans (Same name as here) During this time there were more tiers of roles than currently.
Owner>Leader>Staff>Server Manager>Demo Reviewer>Admin>Trial.
I was in the "Staff" section on course for leader but CSGO took up most of my time and I became inactive and left accordingly when I noticed I wasn't brining any benefit to the community.

You might be asking "What does this have to do with a CSGO community?"
A: Simple, no matter what, you still have to get along with people and make appropriate calls. You need to be able to interact with the community to make it an inviting place. So for this, I bring my ability to take in both sides if there is disputes from players and any admincalls.

What else?
I don't get offended easily nor do I hold a grudge( this grudge thing can be good or bad). You'll see in my "Any additional relevant info" About an admincall, which, I still think back and could have handled this differently. They apologized a while and I accepted. But honestly even the next map I would have moved on/accepted liked nothing happened. Goal is to have fun and take a break of life, everyone has bad days/weeks.

But what else can you bring to being a mod, idiot?
Whelp, one, I started here for retakes, while I have moved passed playing retakes and giving a crap about my points, during my available hours im down to help other's out if they are not sure if someone is hacking or not. I have almost 18 years under my belt, and 10+ years has involved some form of watching/banning hackers for 1.6 and soooo many overwatch cases its unreal. WristHax had CSGO servers for about 6 months before abandoning the project. I have played with some of the best from both versions (1.6/CSGO) and have learned quite a few things in terms of what is raw talent and what is hacks over my tenure. (this part is mainly for helping fellow mods or answering calls for retakes/1v1)

Second, I don't mind helping newer players. Within a year of first starting to surf when I was CONSTANTLY playing Beginner/Easy server I would always be willing to show players routes on how to complete either a map or stage and I would do it multiple times in a slower fashion that would be easier for a newer player to understand and follow if
1. the bot was a parrino WR, or some super skilled surfer.
2. if the bot was broken.
3. bot was running a full map and they just wanted to see a stage.
4. If they just want to see someone else accomplish the task at hand.
I think for my history here, there is only a handful of times I have said "be smoother" as some advice to a new player. Trust me, when I was a new player "WE KNOW!", that's not great advice. -_-. This section still stands today. I enjoy surfing, and want others to stick with it and enjoy it as well. Never know, you could be teaching the the next Levi in CSGO.

edit I also want to mention that while surfing, I have had a few top100 players spec and give me improvements with me even asking. While I do spec others, I tend to not give advice without first asking a player. It helps me improve as a surfer over all.

Wait, you said you had experiences with "a few" communities, why would we even consider you, sounds like you hop around?
Yes, but no. Most of the communities were smaller self-hosted servers, or just small communities with 1-2 severs for 1.6. I also started shortly after Steam launched, so like I said above that's almost 18 years with ~ 5-6 communities and WristHax being the longest and most dedicated. That's the thing, is finding a community you enjoy so dedication doesn't seem like a job. Which is why I am applying here.

But haven't I seen/heard you say "I'll apply here only if I'm tapped to apply"?
Yes, yes you have; and, no, I haven't been tapped to apply. This apply comes with a few personal goals for me as well.
1. Long ago, I heard kuiq say he would never apply for Admin. Whelp , he did. So I figured, some personal growth is needed myself.
2. To define my personal growth. I mentioned the other day in #IRL that I have social-anxiety. Since mentioning that I have put some self thought into that. When I was apart of WHX (while it took sometime) some of those issues started to really fade away and carry into my real life. One small step, is a huge step in getting part of my life back.

But that kind of goes against what you said under "You might be asking "What does this have to do with a CSGO community?"
I've never had problems with making particular quick deciding calls as an admin role. Before my current IRL job, 9/10 companies I worked for I was pretty much doing management duties without title or pay, which required me to interact accordingly. If I didn't feel like I could be social, I wouldn't have applied, or thought about applying for some time.

Have you ever had any administrative action taken upon you?:
Looking at the history, not that I can see. But I do recall maybe being muted LONG time ago because I happened to be talking around the same time someone else was breaking the rules. Otherwise, no, not that I am aware of.

Any additional relevant information:
I know my calladmin is probably at 1. Which while I was getting shit on for rtv. I said some words then stopped talking, they kept going, so I used the command and they left one admin joined. Before, when I first started out on surf I played Beginner/Easy with volume .01. Over the last week or two since I have been playing on those two servers again, I have had volume on enough to hear what people are saying. So, it is something I am working on, and when there has been issues as of recently there has already been in admin in the server watching me/taking care of the issue (you know who you are, stalker).

Second, I am active in discord. I'll be the first to admit I have said some stupid stuff, but its all for fun. I feel like if someone is going to apply, they at least need to interact not with just their main server(s), but the rest of the community (at least ones that are active in discord.) I also moderate 4 active severs (ranging from 20 - 100 people), and have been trying for over a year to get mod in the official EKWB discord. This will NOT effect my performance here in anyway as it will never happen.

Third, I am just active. I'm usually spending on avg 2-3+ hours a day (after work) in the servers on weekdays. While also spending on avg 6-8 hours on Sat and Sunday. While I thought my play time was more, last week I think I was getting close to 3 weeks played time in surf alone. Which as shot up a lot over the last year or so with me graduating college. I highly doubt this includes my original retake hours or my 20ish hours in 1v1.

Fourth, I also wouldn't mind actually diving into some operational stuff. I know I have mentioned it before. Don't wanna rush things but has been on my mind, and I am willing to help out if needed when/if the time may come. I am not applying for this role, but its fair I think its mentioned as a more longer term goal for myself.

I like to appear offline on both Discord and Steam. Hopefully that's ok, but I usually respond within an hour or less... Unless it's super busy at work.
edit to clarify. Hour or less during my NON active hours I mentioned above.

I enjoy the atmosphere and community here. I would like to take it a step further with my activity. Id also be willing to add some incentives for some community events, but that can be discussed at a later time or 1 on 1.

As a side note, my times for the weekdays/Sunday say 10 PM, but more often than not its usually until midnight and weekends sometimes 2-3 AM.

Honestly, I wrote more than I wanted. Things I should have left out, things I maybe should add? So, no hard feelings if its declined. If you have any questions or concerns you know how to reach me.

:-D

edit I tried to have a little fun with this. Its an application after all.

Last edited by a moderator:

pbjpie

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Events Team
Reaction score
Don't have time to read it all, but from personal experience with interacting with SolarEclipz I can vouch for his character. Maintains a levelhead and a sense of cordiality with ease.

Lifeline

Former Staff
Former Staff
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
+100 really great guy with what seems to be plenty of experience. After actually talking to him recently my opinion of him has just gone up. See you active on the servers quite often as well as being very active in the discord which is something I personally value as it shows an actual want to be apart of the community and better it as a whole. One of the best staff applications I have seen. Dont think there is anyone else I would recommend to be a mod for the servers over you right now. Think you would make a great fit on the team.

Last edited:

chilly

Reaction score
same thing as pb tldr but i love u solar u deserve it and i think yuod be a great addition :) +1

Kuiq

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Events Team
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
Easy +1 from me

1. the bot was a parrino WR
this was a lot funnier than it should've been, so true though x)

that I have social-anxiety
social anxiety gang taking over lets go. Ever since joining the surf community as a whole, my social skills have improved tremendously (I didn't speak at all for the first 2~ years I started surfing), although still terrible :p I hope you're able to find that improvement on your end :)

solareclipz

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
  • Staff
Yeah, I stated I added way to much, but once I started writing, I kept going and just decided to answer some questions that may come up... Which led to this chonky boi of an app. I also feel that if more work is put into an app, being either packed with tons of logical reasons, or in my case taking a different more interview type approach should account or something; there might be a better chance. Considering most apps are all about the same-old, same-old.

So, kinda sorry but not really sorry for the looonnnggg boii app.

this was a lot funnier than it should've been, so true though x)
Being a new surfer and seeing someone surf hsw makes you feel so bad. You're semi frustrated you can't beat a map/stage and the bot is pretty much laughing in your face because they are doing it in a way that is not normal. Pretty sure when I started I watched a few rec's like this and felt defeated.

social anxiety gang taking over lets go. Ever since joining the surf community as a whole, my social skills have improved tremendously (I didn't speak at all for the first 2~ years I started surfing), although still terrible :p I hope you're able to find that improvement on your end :)
I feel it has improved slightly over the last few months. I started joining VC once in a while, although I still don't say much. Always feels awkward being in a VC and not really talking, but its all about those small steps with personal interactions. As we have seen in Discord and this forum post... text isn't an issue. 🙃

Also, thank you everyone for the +'s. <3

chilly

Reaction score
Also, thank you everyone for the +'s. <3
of course man, you are genuinely one of the best applicants ive seen for a while and if i had anything to do with the selection committee or whatever id be rooting for you all the way

Fayse

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Head Admin
Reaction score
dont even need to read the app +1

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online