Reaction score
Username: Sors

In-Game Name:
Sors

Steam Profile Link:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/sorsgaming/

Position(s) you are applying for:

Server(s) you primarily play on:
Easy surf, Beginner Surf, Advanced Surf, Bhop (in that order)

Would you commit yourself to regularly answering Call Admin pings via Discord?:
Yes

Days/Times of the week you are usually on:
Monday-Saturday: 4PM-12AM, Sunday: 12PM - 12AM

What unique qualities would you bring to the position(s) you are applying for?:
If I became Moderator, I would be able to mute the absolute degenerates that love to join and fill the server with racism and toxicity. I could not count the amount of times I've heard derogatory slurs and ridiculous topics being talked about. Obviously, people have their right to talk how they like but, there are times I believe it gets too much and most of the time there aren't enough mods/admins on to take care of the issue.

I've been playing on Sneaks servers since September 20th, 2017 and I have got to know a lot of the community. I can't say they are all my friends but, there are a good handful of decent people that join the server to chill and have a good time. Because that's what surfing is all about, chilling with people to talk and helping each other whether its learning to surf or trying to get a better time.

Before I joined Sneaks servers, I used to be an Admin on JoshOG's surf server when it was still up and running. I started out as a Jr. Mod and it took some time, but I was eventually promoted twice, one being to Mod and then to Admin. Josh's' server was known to not take any harassment/bullshit from players. If you wanted to be toxic, that was a quick 10-30 minute mute. If you were racist, that was a ban. There was no leeway for degeneracy and I had found that it made the community much better when it came to new players joining that actually wanted to play. I've always felt its a bit different on Sneaks servers where you can have banter with people and not get muted for it (as long as the topic is not breaking any rules). On JoshOG's old server, pretty much any shit talk would get you muted and I didn't always like that because higher-up's would mute people for practically nothing and that doesn't happen here. If someone gets muted or banned, it is because they 100% deserved it.

I would love to be a part of the Moderation team if you are willing to give me a try. I already play daily and communicate with the players as much as I can. I also want to make it clear, anytime I hear a player decide to mic spam with hate speech, I tell them why they are a degenerate and silent mute (!sm) them at the same time solely because I am unable to mute them for everyone else. It would be fantastic if I had that ability because they really love to join the server and spread their hatefulness.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
-Sors

Have you ever had any administrative action taken upon you?:
I believe I have only been banned once and it was for accidentally joining the server with my VPN on. I hope this won't make it so I get denied but, if it happens, it happens.

Any additional relevant information:
Frumpy likes men :)

Mandii

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Reaction score
+1 with the times I've seen you on the server, you've always been pretty down to earth, and a chill guy to talk with!

cork dog

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Sors,

I'm really glad to see the amount of effort you put into your app. You do seem to have clear vision of the type of moderator you would be. I have seen you on quite a lot, so your activeness is undoubtful. Though, there are some issues I find in your app and desire to be a moderator:

Firstly, in your app you share your strong views towards mic spam and hate speech. This is fine, nobody likes either of those, but you have 7 mutes on sneaks, most of them for mic spam. From my experience your mic spam rarely involves any hatefulness and are usually from "minor" things such as singing, but the dissonance between your views and how you act speak of immaturity or dishonesty.

Secondly, your labeling of people as "degenerates" in such an overt and straightforward manner doesn't usually solve anything or add anything of value to moderating a server.

Storm Ex

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Sors,

I'm really glad to see the amount of effort you put into your app. You do seem to have clear vision of the type of moderator you would be. I have seen you on quite a lot, so your activeness is undoubtful. Though, there are some issues I find in your app and desire to be a moderator:

Firstly, in your app you share your strong views towards mic spam and hate speech. This is fine, nobody likes either of those, but you have 7 mutes on sneaks, most of them for mic spam. From my experience your mic spam rarely involves any hatefulness and are usually from "minor" things such as singing, but the dissonance between your views and how you act speak of immaturity or dishonesty.

Secondly, your labeling of people as "degenerates" in such an overt and straightforward manner doesn't usually solve anything or add anything of value to moderating a server.

Sors

Reaction score
Hi Sors,

Thank you for the reply. You made some very fair points and I just want to address them. When I mentioned "degenerates", I was referring to the people that decide to join the server out of nowhere to only mic spam and say racist things along with conversations going too far. But yes, I have sung too much at times and I know that the mutes given to me are definitely justified.

Frumpy

Admin
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Events Team
Reaction score
I think you would be a valuable addition to the team +1

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now