Request Suggestion for Retakes #3 Config

-z-

Reaction score
TL;DR - Retakes #1 and #2 have preferred config for pistol selection. Make pistol selection independent for pistol rounds and gun rounds for server #3.

To preface, retakes #1 and #2 have the same configs and seem to be the most popular servers for people to fill into first.

Server #3 config is the only different one where it has SMG rounds between pistol rounds which give it a nice mix after playing in #1 or #2 for a while. However, the pistol selection selects your pistol for both pistol rounds and gun rounds. This makes pistol rounds very annoying for people who want to use any pistol other than usp or glock for the remainder of the rounds.

Unsure if it is possible, but if pistol selection can be separate between pistol rounds and gun rounds for server 3 like it is in the other 2 servers, I know I would personally be more inclined to go to that server more often. I've discussed this with a few other aivd retake players and we seem to share a similar opinion.

I know I could just use !guns before and after pistol rounds to ensure that I have usp or glock then switch back to my preferred pistol after pistol rounds but this messes with the fluidity of playing and I personally would rather stay on the servers where I don't have to worry about editing my weapon selection anymore than I desire to.

Thanks.

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay on response - this is feedback I love to see!

I initially put a different weapon allocator on Retakes #3 as a test run to see how it went - but didn't really get any feedback, so it just kind of sat there.

So to be absolutely clear, what I'm gathering is - the weapon allocator on Retakes #3 would be superior to all, provided a separate pistol for buy rounds would be able to be selected?

Edit: As a stop-gap, if a USP/P2000 or Glock was given on full rounds, would this alleviate some of the switching? It's not that often when playing where you purchase an upgraded secondary during a buy round, unless you are wildly ahead of the other team.

Last edited:

-z-

Reaction score
Sorry for my delay on this response!

Yes, your edit is exactly what I was thinking. I like that Retakes #3 has round layouts more similar to that of an official match. I think the switching could be alleviated by either making default pistols the only thing possible on full rounds or by having the same pistol config as the other two servers.

I like the idea of having the pistol selection for pistol rounds since that can be expected in an official match. And while having an upgraded pistol during full rounds is nice, it isn't necessarily typical.

I think overall, whatever can be done to make Retakes #3 have the most similar layout to an official match would be interesting to see or at least try for a while. Hopefully I can intrigue some other avid retakers to put in some feedback as well and over time, optimize each server configuration to be unique and offer something different from the others.

Thanks for your consideration!

Jon.

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
I've talked with z, and many other regular retake players, about this before and I think it would be a great idea to split the pistol preference into two options (pistol rounds and gun rounds), like in servers 1 and 2. Maybe even a third someone wanted to have a different pistol for SMG rounds.
With people I've spoken to about the topic of server 3, there are two main conclusions I come to when looking at why servers 1 and 2 are usually more populated.

Reason 1: Some people just don't really like the SMG rounds that much and prefer to just stick to servers 1 and 2. I believe this is the more popular reason as to why server 3 is usually underpopulated.

Reason 2: As discussed, there is only one option for pistol preference in server 3. It can sometimes be annoying to have to change your gun preferences twice every map if you wanted to have different pistols for the different round types.

Personally, I use usp and glock for pistol rounds and deagle for rifle rounds for servers 1 and 2. If I do find myself playing in server 3 (like others, I tend to avoid server 3 and usually just play in server 1 and 2 unless 3 is the only populated retake server) I usually just keep the deagle on the whole time because I want to have it for rifle rounds and it is a little annoying to have to change my gun preference if I did want to use usp for pistol rounds.

USP/P2000 or Glock was given on full rounds
As sneak mentioned, defaulting players to a usp/p2000 or glock on rifle rounds could be a possible solution, but I personally don't think this is the greatest idea. I rarely see people using the default pistols in rifle rounds, I'd say that the majority use deagles. There have been many, many times when myself and others have been able to get full retake servers to play deagle only for entire maps at a time. I think taking away the ability for players to use deagles on rifle rounds would do more bad than good.

I think server 3 would benefit from having pistol preference split into two options.

Now, If we wanted to dive even deeper there are others things that could be considered. I quickly mentioned above that pistol preference could even be split into 3 options: pistol rounds, SMG rounds, and rifle rounds. From my extensive research (sitting in server 3 by myself at 4am) the SMG rounds already default players to having a usp/p2000 or glock. I think just changing it 2 options and not 3 would be better because having default pistols on SMG rounds seems fine how it already is. But who knows, some lunatic might want to have a different pistol for each round type. Another thing to look at is the option to choose whether you want to have scout/awp enabled. This could also be split up into two parts. Somebody might want to be able to enable scout for SMG rounds but don't want an awp when it comes to the rifle rounds and vice versa.

My final thoughts: just change it to how servers 1 and 2 are regarding pistol preference and don't change anything regarding the pistols players use during SMG rounds. I guess the conclusion really is just that simple.

Why and what was the point of this post being so long? I have no clue (probably because it's 4:17 AM and I'm going insane and I'm typing random nonsense at this point).

Here are my mirage memes:
mirage again.jpeg
mirage game.png
always mirage.png
mirageTV.png

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts