Request Suggestion - Implementing a Tier 3-4 Surf Server

Mandii

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Hello!

So I've had this thought for quite some time now and though to make a forum post of this.

I was hoping that possibly sometime in the near future a Tier 3-4 server could be made for players who need more of a challenge then what the Easy Surf server offers, with out pushing the higher tier surfers away from the Advance Server.

While I know that the Advance Server does exists for players who want to play tier 3-6 maps on, but a lot of the time the server is quiet active with higher ranked players playing on tier 4-5-6 difficulty maps, Which is fine ofc! Just can be frustrating when you want more of a challenge to learn and improve but not that much more of a challenge. xD

I just feel like it'd be really nice to have a place where we can go to do slightly more difficult maps then the Easy server, with out having to join the Advance server and pray a vote wins for a Tier 3-4 map, or forcing higher ranked players to play a lower tier map then what they wanted to.

solareclipz

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
I kind of like this idea. I know I have seen a few other communities add a more "mid tier" server for surf. This is actually quite nice. As someone who struggled for a LONG TIME surfing, having a mid tier server would have been a nice stepping stone from 1/2, to 3/4, rather than getting a mix of 3-6. I still feel daunted by quite a few T5's and T6's. Plus, T3-4 Make up quite a large selection of maps. (based on my Maps I need to complete list).

So, doing like a T3-T4 'mid tier' server along with the t3-6 advanced server (since T5-T6 is only a hand full of maps) I feel might be a good thing! No real need to take the time to justify taking out the easy T3-T4 maps from the advanced pool, since T3-T4 make up ~(from my not beaten list) 398 maps.

But, I do have two concerns when it comes to this idea.
First: Players. from what I can tell, Advanced server is never full. (that I see anyway), if possible, and if the box could handle it, maybe split the server? Unless there is enough resources to adding another instance. But, it very well could bring in a few more people looking to try their hand at some more difficult maps, without having to join, see its a t6, and go back to server #1/#2, or join a different server because those are now full.

Second: Momentum. Not saying that people will just up right and leave, but there could be a swing in players migrating to Momentum if it can deliver. Now this may or may not affect the more casual user. Speaking for myself, if Momentum was a thing back in 2017/2018, I would have spent a lot of time surfing that way, just due to the nature of If I like a map, I want to spend 2+ hours playing it at a time to get the best time possible for one session. (even though I suck). And we all know how much new players love to play kitsune, mesa, aircontrol, etc. So, if they can play that single map for a LONG period of time (because there is not vote map) I'm sure they will.

TLDR: I like the idea of a mid tier server. Could bring in more people, but could sit with limited players. Furthermore, who knows what might happen with community surf servers after Momentum. Not saying it will kill it, but it could drop some numbers.

Edit:
I do want to note, ill be frank. I for sure played in other communities mid tier servers even though I preferred playing here. JUST due to the fact they had a dedicated 'mid' /' intermediate' server. So, this post is also speaking from the perspective of a noob.

Last edited:

Frumpy

Admin
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Events Team
Reaction score
sdaasdadsdas.gif

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using