Accepted/Completed Suggestions

Reaction score
Hello!

I've been playing on your server for about a week now and I must say, everything surrounding it: the gameplay, the community, the people on the mic just interacting with each other, having a good time - is phenomenal. However, I have noticed a few possible improvements that could make your servers, especially your 1v1 server, even more perfect. For one, I believe that there should be a "!help" command ready to use in order to see all of the possible commands that one could input. I tried this on your 1v1 server and it referenced me to my console, in which when I opened, I found a lot of commands that didn't work (such as +jetpack), and a lot of missing commands that I already knew were valid (such as "!ws", or "!challenge"). Another improvement I have theorized could be that of a new mechanic exclusive to your 1v1 server in which would allow the player to switch weapon preferences in-between arena matches. For example, instead of having to manually choose to use an AK-47 on the first round, then an M4A4 on the second round, and then back to an AK-47 and etc, you could make a command, such as "!change", or "!switch", that could try to implement this feature. In effect, this command would allow players to practice not only the Counter-Terrorist exclusives but the Terrorist exclusives as well in a clean, every-other round rotation. One bug I found that continues to be the bane of me playing your servers is the action of choosing your team at the start of a game. I am pretty sure that you are already aware of this, but I will elaborate anyway. Whenever I enter a match and am gifted the option to choose either the Counter-Terrorists or the Terrorists, I usually choose the team that has the least amount of people on it in order to balance the number of people on each team. However, in order to do so, I have to spam-click the option that I want, and even then, half of the time it doesn't even work. At that point, I usually try to join the other team, in which sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't work. The main gist of this is that I want to be able to join a team without having to break my mouse trying to click fast enough on it, and I also want to be able to join a team even if the amount of players on each team would become unbalanced. In further explanation, this would mean that I would be able to join both teams if it was currently a 12v12, but not join the team with 11 in an 11v12. I have seen a "waiting in cue" message pop up in my console once I did this, however, I believe that it is unnecessary unless there is a definite capacity for the amount of people one server can have playing at a time (not referencing the capacity of 32, but the amount of people in the arena cycle, or in the 12v12, 13v13, etc.). The last suggestion I have is probably the smallest one and just has to do with the overall quality of life. When using the "!ws" command, the player has to go past a lot of skins in order to find the one he or she wants. In my case, I prefer the "Howl" skin on all of my guns ('cause it looks cool, obviously), which takes an incredibly long time to go through all of the skins in order to find; around a minute. So what I thought would be cool was if there was a search-bar that you could use to instantly find any skin you were looking for. Not only would that save a lot of time, but it would also encourage players to see how different skins look on different guns, having a chance to affect what skins they would or would not buy from the market.

As you can probably tell, these four suggestions are mostly just nit-picks that I have noticed in playing your 1v1 server for the short time of a week and if followed, shouldn't impact the actual gameplay too much, if at all. In all honesty, I'm not even completely sure that all of the suggestions I made were just not possible to carry out on a Counter Strike server. I thank you so much for taking your time to read through my query and I implore you to leave a comment telling me what you think. I can't wait to interact with this community again and I am eager to become an active part of both your servers and your website!

Thank You!

Kuiq

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Events Team
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
tl;dr [Would still recommend reading the whole thing]

!help needs updated
add a command to switch weapon preferences in-between arena matches
choosing a team is a pain
add search function to !ws

I personally don't play on 1v1s however having some sort of search function for !ws would be cool,
maybe some kind of alphabetical function for searching?

Reaction score
Appreciate it! Next time I do this, I should just do bullets, tbh.

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Whoa, this is probably some of the most in-depth and valuable feedback I've received in a while, thank you for taking the time to bring all this to my attention!

Regarding the team choosing bug: I've identified what causes this, and fixed it late last night with some light testing to confirm it's working fine.

As far as 1v1 Arenas goes, it doesn't matter which team you choose to join when you first connect, the plugin assigns you to arenas and will always even out the teams. If you are stuck in spectator in a queue and there are less than 16 arenas worth of players, that means the map does simply does not have enough arenas to support the current number of players. We've taken care of the majority of these maps, but if you find any please report it and I will find an equivalent with more arenas, or remove the map so there is no time stuck in spectator. We do have 2 extra slots as a waiting queue, as most maps only support 32 players (16 arenas total), but that is intended.

A !switch feature would be pretty interesting, but I'm not sure it could be integrated into the current arenas plugin without making some heavy changes, which would cause issues when the core plugin itself gets updates. Is typing 'guns' and choosing a new weapon too many steps?

I agree on a !help command - as it stands, I'm not even sure where the current !help command stems from. +jetpack is an option that our store has, but is disabled (for obvious reasons). For the meantime, here is a comprehensive list of commands for each server type, you can go here.

When it comes to the weapon skins plugin, while that would be a nice QOL feature, there are really no plans to change the behavior of the plugin. These types of plugins are not exactly kosher and it looks like Valve is actively collecting data and making changes that may affect our ability to use this plugin in the very near future.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow! I appreciate your response! Luckily, what you said up there basically solved all of the major problems, such as the (partial) correction of the "!help" command and the team-picking problem. The other two are just basic things that would make the commands less complicated and more easy to access, which is certainly nowhere near as big of a problem as the team-picking thing was!

I enjoy knowing that the feedback the community gives will certainly be taken into account for, and I can assure you, this won't be the last time I'll be on these forums!

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?