Feedback Two quick Minigames issues

Discussion in 'Issues, Suggestions, and Feedback' started by Ice, Mar 14, 2019 at 10:08 PM.

1. Ice

Ice Member

Hey, just two quick questions/issues from the Minigames server.

1. Props don't do damage. What I mean by this is that there's a few maps with boxes or balls that you're supposed to knife, and hit opponents with. Everyone has 1hp, so if you get hit by an object it pretty much means death. But either due to past CSGO updates or due to some setting on the server, props no longer deal damage to players.

2. Is there a reason that there's a speed cap for bhopping around spawn? Sometimes it's fun to zoom around, and there are also a few maps which rely on you getting boosted in the air, and then keeping your speed when you land on the ground. The speed cap makes it so this doesn't work. On the flip side, there are a few other types of minigames where no speed cap could provide an advantage, but since auto-bhop is enabled for everyone it's not actually that important.

If the reason there is a speed cap is so that people can not start with insane speed at the beginning of the actual game, that doesn't really matter - for the majority of maps you get set to 0 speed upon teleportation, or you also could have kept your speed from the original lower speed cap anyways, so it wouldn't make that much of a difference.

So basically, would just be a bit more fun to have no speed cap, or at least a slightly higher one. And if prop damage is due to a CSGO update, that's fine, but if there's some other server setting that disables it, I was just curious as to why it's disabled.

Thanks!

2. sneaK

sneaK Owner Owner Admin Server Moderator Ops Team

Physics in CS:GO is a continually changing thing, and that's definitely changed over the years, so it's likely just been broken. I'll have to do some testing on the matter.

Ideally there will be no global auto bhop, and only enabled for high speed bhop sections, it was added in as a bit of a stop-gap measure for impossible to complete sections in a few maps. People who know how to bhop and are skilled at airstrafing will absolutely destroy normal players with no speed cap, so that's been added to make it fun for everyone.

3. Ice

Ice Member

Understandable reasoning for both things, thanks. I haven’t done too much research to figure out if props are broken on all servers, but I did do a few google searches and didn’t see the problem reported. If it can’t be fixed, not a huge issue since it’s only a few games where it happens.

For auto bhop, I do think a lot of people enjoy going fast around spawn during downtime as it gives them something to do while someone chooses a game, so I wouldn’t recommend removing it entirely. If there’s some way to disable the speed cap during certain times and enable it in others that would be ideal, but probably a lot more complicated than what it would be worth. Don’t stress over it too much if it can’t be done, but at the very least I would recommend leaving the smaller speed cap in.

Thanks for the response!