Feedback VIP for credits?

Kinky Kenny

Reaction score
It seems like a fair amount of people in surf servers are just overflowing in credits. I think to combat this as opposed to adding more skins and such is to allow players to use credits in order to contribute to a VIP status. However, so that VIP isn't discredited make it so you have to spend an excess of maybe 10,000 credits for perhaps a days worth of VIP. Just a thought, and would probably have to be tweaked quite a bit to suit the actual economic value of the credit seeing as i dont know exactly how much people have. Thank for reading : D
-PS: Why is it that not all T1 maps are in the T1 only surf server?

Reaction score
ok the reason that not all t1 are on that server is because the other ones are basically t2 but the credits thing is really dumb bc that is the perk of donating is getting the rank and the abbilites but to just gamble and play for vip is not a very good idea

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
This exactly has been a thought and actually recently discussed internally, might as well put my thoughts out on it here as well!

Pros:
  • People who are long-time players can essentially get a "complimentary" month of VIP for being a socially supporting member of the community.
Cons:
  • Once you put a real world monetary value on credits, that's when people start doing whatever they can do to abuse systems to acquire them. I think this is a pretty weak argument, but a still valid one, considering we sell store credit packages via our donation system. This still encourages malicious behavior.
  • VIP is for supporting our servers and community; credits don't pay our costs.

If people are overflowing with credits, perhaps the drop rate should be adjusted, or more desirable items should be added (I've been slacking on this tbh). Unfortunately with CS:GO, we are extremely limited as to what we can offer for VIP, say in comparison to GMod. I don't think the rates are ideal, but they've worked.

On your PS:
We don't have a T1 surf server - if you're referring to Beginner Surf, it contains the most popular, and arguably the most "known/easy" maps. There are definitely some Tier 1's which beginners find incredibly frustrating, even though they are quite easy. The same goes the other way - many people find certain Tier 3 maps easier than Tier 2's. That's all based off of certain skillsets - some people may be better at angle snipes or tight corners, and some may not. The tier system itself isn't very complex, it's a general overview of the difficulty of each map. Easy Surf houses all Tier 1 & 2 maps, Beginner is the first baby step!

Thanks for the feedback! If anyone else has thoughts on the matter as well, we're all ears :)

Kinky Kenny

Reaction score
Yeah Sneak. The first point you have under cons was my thought exactly. You'd really have to break down and figure out how to assign a value to credits without jeopardizing the 'server economy'. Also, yes, I was referring to the Beginner Surf server. That makes sense as to why its set up like that but also tough to grind times for all of the T1 maps because people are less likely to vote T1 maps on the Easy Surf. Thanks for the response. If some form of the idea is implemented im curious to see how it pans out.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?