Accepted/Completed vote menu on vip

snc

Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
so as u may know on vip people stay on the same map for about 3 days striaght and when the map vote comes up u gotta stop surfing and hit fuckin 9 all the way across the goddamned keyboard cuz no one else ever seems to vote and that seems to always fuck up ur run if u got one going.

my suggestion : put up an extend map vote at 5 mins and have the options be (1.yes) and (2.no)
if majority hits 1 it gets extended like usual and if 2 gets majority u pick next map with no extend option just incase troll like hazno votes 9 :mad:(

u can put this only on vip to test if you/others want it and i really dont think this would be a good idea on any other server tbh

watchu guis (and ladiers) think?!?!?

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
I've done the following on the Top 50/VIP server:
  1. Raised map vote extension time from 15 mins to 20 mins
  2. Removed the accidental weapon switch block (blocks # 1-3 iirc)
  3. Moved extend/dont change to the first option on the vote menu
I'll keep this topic open for people to play with the changes and get used to it, let me know if any of these should be reverted (probably only #2 or #3) or it's good! The option to move extend/don't change back to the end (~6 or so) is possible as well.

Edit: I don't have a way of making an extend vote pop, then a mapvote, nor really have the time to implement something like this. If there is a reasonable split between extending/other maps that's when a runoff vote will pop, instead of having yet another vote (3rd vote) pop for a runoff. The less required mapvotes, the better, people don't want to keep getting interrupted by map votes in my experience.

Last edited:

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score

That would be a bit of a pain in the ass to change the menu hierarchy, I think 4 or 5 is quite reachable and would avoid people from fat-fingering a simple yes or no vote if switching weapons. I also wouldn't want to have to create an entirely separate plugin for competitive based servers just to change the vote number.

Is everyone happy with this change? I'll probably end up pushing this to all other movement based servers tonight if I don't hear anything else about it.

Here's what it looks like:
Nfqdtkt.png

Edit: Added to all relevant servers

Last edited:

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events