Accepted winter - STEAM_1:1:162358333

Discussion in 'Completed' started by hitech, Jul 2, 2018.

1. hitech

hitech New Member

Reason for ban: SMAC 0.8.7.0 Custom: ConVar violation
    Why I should be unbanned: I really don't know what "SMAC 0.8.7.0 Custom: ConVar violation" means. I looked it up and it shows stuff about r_drawothermodels. Only thing I think I could be banned for is messing around with wireframe in a private match with my friends or having turn binds. Anyway, I genuinely don't have any malicious intent to cheat or anything, so if I could be unbanned that'd be great! If not, could someone tell me what "SMAC 0.8.7.0 Custom: ConVar violation" is so I could not do whatever I did in the future. Thanks :)

2. sneaK

sneaK Owner The one and only Admin Moderator

You had connected to our Advanced surf server with a cheat injected, and our anticheat picked that up. This is 100% not a false positive.

3. hitech

hitech New Member

This sounds like bs but man I've literally never cheated lmao or even thought about cheating haha. It might be the demo tool HLAE as I like to make cinematics and what not. There's really no talking my way out of this situation because it's going to sound like I cheat regardless, but if I did I wouldn't be in gold nova and I'd probably be banned by the recent vac wave considering this server ban was months ago. Anyway, is there anyway of proving stuff with my game files or something like that? If not, thanks for looking into it. Once again, thanks for your time

4. sneaK

The only way to forcibly change the convar you did was via third party software. I'm not aware of how HLAE works, but as far as I know that's supposed to be run in insecure mode, which would not allow you to join any VAC secured server.

This was a year ago, so I'm willing to work with you.

5. hitech

hitech New Member

So is there a possibility of being unbanned?

6. sneaK

You do qualify for a normal anticheat unban (6+ months), I've removed your ban.