Help Wanted Chat

Wumbobob

Reaction score
Is it possible to implement a command to which all of your votes will automatically count towards a no vote? Also, as someone playing on ve_0, and having VIP vote mutes come on the screen, I do not know the context and voting 4/5 is simply a flip of a coin. Is there some way to identify those with ve_0 or have a server side self deafen option to allow this and simply opt them out of voting for mutes? When I'm in a run, I always notice when the menu appears on the right and it's distracting at times enough for me to feel inspired to write this.
TL;DR. Want menus such as vote map/mute to be toggle friendly if possible. Albeit through setting ve_0 users to opt out of voting for mutes and those who wish to not vote for next map to previously set a command to auto no vote. Possible?

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
I agree, a no vote option and no votes should simply subtract from the total number of votes.

As far as exclusion goes, it would certainly be a nice feature, however require significant tooling. The custom votes plugin we use is open source and will gladly accept contributions: https://github.com/caxanga334/cvreduxmodified

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Thought about this a bit more so I figured I'd expand on my limited reply above! To clarify, I'll see what I can do about adding a no vote option within the next few weeks.

As far as defaulting voice_enable 0 players into being excluded from vote mutes, I don't think that's a good idea, for a few reasons:
  • Someone may have voice 0'd because of a disruptive player, and may be interested in muting them if a vote pops
  • We'd have to query every player every vote for their voice_enable value, which is further stress on the server I'd not like to add. People frequently turn voice on/off, so it's not something we can query on a connect to check and stay valid for their entire session.

Kuiq

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Events Team
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
idk how easily you can change the options menu but could you add an enable/disable option for automatically voting no on votes?

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
idk how easily you can change the options menu but could you add an enable/disable option for automatically voting no on votes?
I think automatic yes/no-votes is a big no-no.

The options menu (on surf) is from the surf timer, if an opt-out option is added it will be separate. It will definitely require a bit of work as I mentioned above, not something I can quite prioritize at the moment.

Wumbobob

Reaction score
Great feedback. Glad to see a no vote is possible for mutes and thanks for the information on why an opt out would be difficult or not desired.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?