Accepted/Completed Not sure if just me

Noldyy

Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaction score
Did /howto, so I could see the video we have on the server. Video didnt come up, but the audio started to play and I dont know a way to stop it because no video.

someone else please test

Toasty

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Events Team
Reaction score
Can confirm, have had happen to me to

Kuiq

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Events Team
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
Do you have the motd disabled, that could by why. if that doesn't fix it then
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have the motd disabled, that could by why. if that doesn't fix it then
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This would be helpful to know

Also, since a few weeks ago Valve broke the steam webhelper pretty badly. For me it crashes all the time, I get stuck with the same pages on the steam overlay often, etc, so this might also be the issue.

Kuiq

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Events Team
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score

Also, since a few weeks ago Valve broke the steam webhelper pretty badly. For me it crashes all the time, I get stuck with the same pages on the steam overlay often, etc, so this might also be the issue.
Yeah I've been having tons of problems with the webhelper lately and its annoying af, if motd isn't the problem then its most likely w.e valve fucked up

Noldyy

Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaction score

I was getting advertisements so it shouldnt be, but ill double check and get back to you.

EDIT: yeah it's enabled so it's definitely glitched, probably because of Valve, we know how much they love to help community servers.

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Just an update, I've been able to consistently reproduce a crash of the steam webhelper client, that's been forwarded to the steam devs. Hopefully that will get fixed this week.

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
My mind is blown as to how fast this was addressed.

Updated web control to CEF v55.0.2883. This version requires Windows 7 or macOS 10.9 and above, users on older OS versions will continue running the existing version.

Update your Steam if you haven't already, I'll be testing.
Edit: Seems to be working much more smoothly & consistently now, windows don't freeze and I haven't had the webhelper crash at all.

Last edited:

sןǝndǝɹ

Reaction score
i dont have this issue i think its because i muted steamwebhelper prob the best way to stop it

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
i dont have this issue i think its because i muted steamwebhelper prob the best way to stop it

That has literally nothing to do with what we're talking about.

Edit: So apparently this update didn't completely fix the issue, but restarting your game allows you to view web popups again. That being said, yes, the !howto is indeed broken and I'll push a fix for it.

Edit 2: Bug identified and fixed, !howto was being controlled incorrectly by the timer itself using an outdated VGUI popup method, it now works properly.

Last edited:

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?