No Change/Rejected retakes super laggy

michio_

Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
I know im not the only one experiencing server lag on retakes. I personally usually get 1-5% loss with frequently reoccurring var and ping spikes. I and other players always experience rubber banding, and I know its not my internet because I experience a perfectly fine, non-laggy experience on your other servers. Idk if its a matter of host, plugins or something else. Thanks!
Ik this is really scuffed just wanted to make it quick

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Usually get? This would likely be your internet. We have several game servers on that machine, none of which have received reports from over 20,000 unique players this week. I myself have been playing on a few of those servers regularly as well recently, in fact I was just on for a short while once you posted this. I haven't seen any degraded service on our end, nor has our host notified us of any issues, so I'm not sure what else it could be.

To identify a loss/ping issue, I'd suggest running an MTR to identify where in the line you're having your issue: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/27780

In the IP field, enter the IP of the gamesever of your choice (without port), and run it for at least several minutes. Once you do so, DM me the logfile so I can take a look at it!

michio_

Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
Perhaps it is my ISP, I am currently running the test. I hope I do it right lemo

solareclipz

Server Moderator
Server Moderator
Lifetime VIP
Reaction score
Sorry to jump on this as well, but I did notice a bit of server issues earlier this week/last weekend that included rubber-banding. Which I only noticed for retakes and not surf. I played for quite a few hours last night on retake servers 1 and 2 and didn't notice any issues.

As I would imagine the servers are being restarted daily? Which if that is the case, would be there could be a plugin error being thrown? Or a plugin using too many resources.. But I think sneak is usually on top of handling that sort of thing.. which leads me to :

You might also want to consider that most states/countries are on some form of "stay-at-home" requirement, which is putting heavy traffic on networks as more people are streaming media content. (hence why the major streaming companies are downgrading stream quality to Standard Definition.) So, there could have been some heavy usage between you and the server, and the routing didn't update to spread out the load for server hops causing you to drop packets and such. As re-routing/updating networking tables doesn't quite happen as instantly during super heavy usage.

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Michio sent me his MTR results last night which included loss starting along his route to our servers inside his ISP before it even left his state. I'm assuming many will be seeing this for the exact reasons you described.

I'd suggest anyone who has this issue also run an MTR and feel free to send it to me - it's easy to see where the issues begin to occur.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?