No Change/Rejected Admin Abuse

Ralkia

Reaction score
Hello. I have been playing on these servers for almost a year now, never felt it necessary to make an account until now. Today on the 1v1 server, lot of people were complaining about ads being too loud. They were being annoying, but out of the blue a couple of admins (spooky and cameron) started muting people left and right for no reason. They gave a warning to only one person, but then muted 3 or 4. After this happened, they muted me for an hour for "massive troll." As I had only just plugged my mic in to talk, I was really confused why this happened. If people are going to be trigger-happy with the mute command, they really shouldn't be in charge.

Cameron

Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaction score
As I was going to warn you to turn down your microphone volume, spooky addressed it first and he had decided to mute you. For everyone else I had muted, each was given a warning before hand, other than 1 person who had a warning from spooky. Unfortunately I don't agree with overall toxicity for more than 3 map rotations, which is how long this situation was going on.

s p o o k y

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Lifetime VIP
Head Admin
Reaction score
I joined and you were being very toxic to Cameron, one of our admins. I noticed Cameron was handling it pretty well, so I didn't say anything immediately and let it go. I told you to turn your mic volume down, this is because it was overpowering everyone else in the server. You said this "is out of my control" and then went on to continue to be loud in your mic, despite my warning. Yelling at the admins for muting another player because you don't agree with them is not the way to be taken seriously.

Ralkia

Reaction score
So the way to tell someone to turn their mic volume down (NEVER had anyone say that to me before by the way, also nobody else was complaining about that) is to immediately mute them for an hour? Edit: It was not overpowering anyone else in the server. You were the only person who said anything. I have a fairly basic mic and I can't turn down my output volume.

Ralkia

Reaction score
You also didn't tell me why you muted me after I asked you several times. If you told me "because your mic was too loud" I would have understood, albeit that's a dumb reason.
Edit: As for the previous issue, nobody said anything about the admins until someone was muted for complaining that the ads were too loud. Then people started complaining more about the admins doing that and you guys muted those people too.

pbjpie

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Events Team
Reaction score
So the way to tell someone to turn their mic volume down (NEVER had anyone say that to me before by the way, also nobody else was complaining about that) is to immediately mute them for an hour? Edit: It was not overpowering anyone else in the server. You were the only person who said anything. I have a fairly basic mic and I can't turn down my output volume.
I don't honestly know if you read either of their replies from what you said here so I will restate their major points.
According to Spooky and Cameron's replies:

-You were being quite toxic on server for 3 map rotations.

-You were micspamming, and was warned promptly for being excessively loud in voice chat.

-On top of this, you were hostile towards an admin, and yelled into your mic when other users were muted, and got mad when this lead to your inevitable mute (which seems more than reasonable in your case....).

Seems hardly like admin abuse, frankly I'm suprised they kept up with this behavior for 3 rotations.

You also didn't tell me why you muted me after I asked you several times. If you told me "because your mic was too loud" I would have understood, albeit that's a dumb reason.
Spooky told you to turn your mic down. You didn't, so he muted you. That is why he muted you (and because of the craziness mentioned above, he didn't feel the need to warn you again..). Spooky shouldn't be held liable for intentional player ignorance of rules.

By all means, your mute expires in ~12 minutes and most of your points have little to no substance or were blatantly proven as untrue, so I think this conversation is done. If you feel an admin is actually abusing power, please refrain from posting in suggestions and instead post in user reports.

Last edited:

s p o o k y

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Lifetime VIP
Head Admin
Reaction score
[1v1 Arenas] 2017-08-25 16:35:17 (STEAM_1:1:88548444) SKOO SKOO whoever's the admin you're legit worse than autistic minecraft admins lmao

[1v1 Arenas] 2017-08-25 16:36:16 (STEAM_1:1:88548444) SKOO SKOO admin pls die
[1v1 Arenas] 2017-08-25 16:36:28 (STEAM_1:1:88548444) SKOO SKOO the admin keeps warning you

[1v1 Arenas] 2017-08-25 16:44:20 (STEAM_1:1:88548444) SKOO SKOO does anyone know who the admin is currently
[1v1 Arenas] 2017-08-25 16:44:25 (STEAM_1:1:88548444) SKOO SKOO I'm going to talk to sneak about him lmao

[1v1 Arenas] 2017-08-25 16:44:44 (STEAM_1:1:88548444) SKOO SKOO why the fuck are you muting everyone for no reason

I warned you to turn your mic down, after I said that, another kid screamed in his mic and got muted for 20 minutes. You kept asking why other players are being muted, it's not fair and that you are going to have a word with sneaK about the admin abuse on the server. I told you to go on the forums and make a report, which you have indeed done. Personally, I think a 60 minute mute is such a light punishment for spamming over the mic combined with the level of toxicity that you exhibited, that I shouldn't be putting any effort into my reply, yet here I am. You were causing other players on the server to be toxic, this is not behavior I expect from someone who claims to be an active member and to support the community. I really don't know how you think you had been treated unfairly when you'd spent the last 10 minutes badmouthing the server, admin team, and other players. This, on top of ignoring my request to lower your input volume (which I tried to guide you through, giving you the steps needed in Windows), is what led me to mute you.

Is that a detailed enough explanation?

Last edited:

Ralkia

Reaction score
"Guide you through?" You never did that. Again, some random person (that's why I was asking who the admins were, I didn't know until you said something in chat) saying "your mic is loud" to me isn't going to make me turn it down. Yes, that's a detailed enough explanation. I shouldn't have been rude to you, but saying 3 things in chat about it doesn't really warrant not even warning me before you mute me. I don't really understand the shoot first and talk later policy. Sorry for being rude in chat.

-You were micspamming, and was warned promptly for being excessively loud in voice chat.
I was talking normally and all I heard was some random person saying "Your mic is loud." I was never micspamming, and I would have no idea my mic is loud since he's the first person who ever told me so. I never yelled into my mic as well.

Seems hardly like admin abuse, frankly I'm suprised they kept up with this behavior for 3 rotations.
I plugged in my mic about 2 or 3 minutes before he muted me, which was on the 3rd rotation.

Is that a detailed enough explanation?
Yes it's fine, but the fact that I had to come on here to hear it after you muted me isn't.

This is really stupid at this point because I don't care THIS much about it, all I'm saying is that it is indeed abuse to mute me with no prior warning for something you perceived that I was doing wrong. How could I know I was doing something wrong if you don't tell me? I don't change my computer settings if some random person tells me to. I didn't know the person telling me that was an admin, but I still probably wouldn't have.
(Not talking about the chat at this point, sorry for being annoying 2 games prior to plugging my mic in.)

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like there were indeed some requests for you to turn down your mic, perhaps you missed some of them, it happens. In the future we'll try to make it a bit more obvious, as things can get hectic in a full sever.

It is commonplace for us to ask players to turn down their mics if they're overly loud, and if they do not comply we do issue mutes. Not too happy with your response to the situation in the server looking at the chat logs, but we can move on.

Seems as though this has been resolved, thanks for the feedback!

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?