Accepted/Completed Boosts Act Dumb

♪ ryN

Reaction score
I know this happens on a bunch of maps but i'm on surf_fast right now and it's happening here on stage one so that's the example i'll use

If you're going about your stage 1 run and you're like "oh darn, i'm not gonna make that jump," so you either !r or !back (or whatever bind you have) then the boost doesn't work, you have to take the time to fall off the map so that the boost resets

Idk if this is something map-based where you'd have to fuck around with triggers or what but it's just really annoying and time consuming to have to go fail on purpose when you use !r because for me it's a force of habit to !r or !back when i know i fucked up

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, surf_fast doesn't properly reset the boost unless you fail for some reason on stage 1.

Fayse

Admin
Administrator
Server Moderator
Head Admin
Reaction score
there are a couple other maps that do this, but i don't remember any cuz they were all shit

♪ ryN

Reaction score
so it's a mapside issue? assuming there's nothing you can do to fix it unless you go into hammer or whatever the fuck and fuck with stupid shit? darn.

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
so it's a mapside issue? assuming there's nothing you can do to fix it unless you go into hammer or whatever the fuck and fuck with stupid shit? darn.

I'm assuming the boost is being negated by a filter, and add a dummy trigger to the spawn position to reset that filter, since there does not appear to be one.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?