No Change/Rejected Random Disconnects from the Server

Kaysher

Reaction score
Getting booted randomly back to the main menu at random. Sometimes only 15 seconds after joining the server, while other times i can play fine for a few hours before being kicked. Only indication of the boot is in the console which reads:

Host_Error: CL_ReadPreserveEnt: u.m_nNewEntity == MAX_EDICTS

Google searches turned up pretty much nothing so wondering if anyone else knew what it was. Not really a game breaker but just an inconvenience.

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
That means too many entities/edicts exist than your game client can handle, so it's a safety that stops your client from crashing. This started becoming more of an issue after the Glove update (volvo adding more crap in).

What map(s) do you observe this on?

Kaysher

Reaction score
Pretty much anything. For instance I just crashed on surf_guitar_hi after about 3 solid hours of surfing. The specific actions that the boot occurs on is not clear either. I've been kicked as soon as I finish a stage while also being booted from standing still at spawn. I joined the server on the same map just before I started typing this and was just booted again. Once again it's not an urgent issue so if there's no real solution to it then there's no big deal here.

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty much anything. For instance I just crashed on surf_guitar_hi after about 3 solid hours of surfing. The specific actions that the boot occurs on is not clear either. I've been kicked as soon as I finish a stage while also being booted from standing still at spawn. I joined the server on the same map just before I started typing this and was just booted again. Once again it's not an urgent issue so if there's no real solution to it then there's no big deal here.

Still a shitty issue, nonetheless. Try doing a validation of your game files and seeing if that solves the issue. How often is it? It's annoying, but usually you can just rejoin without issue. Valve has been made aware of the issue, but who knows if they'll actually do anything about it (their communication is awful).

Kaysher

Reaction score
Like I said it can range from kicking me out 30 seconds after joining the server, or I'll play for several hours before it occurs.

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Welp, let me know if the validate fixes it, or anything changes. Sucks this game can be so big but so broken. :(

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?