Surf Settings

nstj

Reaction score
Earlier today I messaged sneaK to see if he could send me the config his surf server uses. He asked me to create a thread in general so that anyone could see for future use.

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Note that this is as requested for our exact surf server's settings so you can play offline.

Step 1: You need to set your tickrate, and there's one of 2 ways of doing this.
  • Join any of our surf servers, and disconnect. This will set your tickrate properly to 85.3.
  • Alternatively , change your CS:GO launch options to include "-tickrate 85.3" (minus the quotation marks).
Step 2: We need to set surf-specific settings, here's everything that will be helpful. Feel free to copy these into a config file and place in the /cfg/ folder of your root game directory, so you can easily execute it every time you go to play offline. If you're entering the commands manually, there is no need to enter any of the commented parts (any // or after).
Code:
sv_cheats 1 // this is for god mode
sv_accelerate 10 // self explanatory
sv_airaccelerate 200 // self explanatory
sv_enablebunnyhopping 1 // enables bhopping
sv_autobunnyhopping 1 // enables holding spacebar to bhop
mp_warmup_end // ends default warmup
mp_ignore_round_win_conditions 1 // makes round time unlimited
sv_clamp_unsafe_velocities 0 // so the engine doesn't throttle you at high speeds (especially off of pushes)

// The following values may have no effect due to autobhop, but figured I'd make this as accurate as possible. They disable the stamina system.
sv_staminajumpcost 0
sv_staminalandcost 0
sv_staminamax 0
sv_staminarecoveryrate 0

and that's (almost) it! Most maps do not have a damage filter, so when you fail, you will probably die from falling too fast, so before surfing type 'god' into console, and even when you fall large distances you will be invincible and not die.

The main differences now between the server and playing offline is obviously the timer (no zones, checkpoints, ability to teleport stages/bonuses, track times, etc), and the lack of an uncapped ground speed (no prestrafing). Enjoy!

Last edited:

Noldyy

Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaction score
sv_airaccelerate 200 // self explanatory
kek
use 150

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator