Accepted/Completed Large amounts of lag on the surf server lately

grandpa ✿

Reaction score
hi, i've been surfing on and off for a while now on the server and never have i ever experienced so much frame loss, stutter and other sorts of lag before.
now, please mind you i'm not making any silly errors with my computer/game setup. i've been running the same stuff for years and i perform at 300fps on max settings on many other servers.
yours, however, has been giving me tons of trouble lately yet i've no reason to understand why.
as of now the only thing i can assume is that it has something to do with your ads that play on your server.
every time one comes up i get a terrible lag spike and it seems to stay at that "peak" for a while, until dying off and becoming playable again.
this repeats once another ad plays.

i've never had any problems, complaints or issues with ads and i totally agree with their use in servers, but i can come to only one conclusion at this point about the ones playing on your server.

if there's any way someone could explain why i, and many others, experience such shitty lag, it would be appreciated.

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the info. I'm gonna need a little more info:

Server? (i'm assuming easy surf)
When did this start?
Have you tried using !hide to hide other players & their store attachments?
Have you verified your game cache integrity?
Can you define "lag"? I'm assuming it's what you described above, stuttering
Have you done a clean install/update of your video card drivers recently?
Are your internet speeds acceptable? Do you have consistency issues with it? (speed test, extended ping test, packet loss, etc)

There's a ton of factors here at play, and ads have been on the server for quite a long time without issue, and this is the first I hear of it, so I'm just trying to gather more info so I can figure out a plan of attack to fix the issue!

Noldyy

Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the info. I'm gonna need a little more info:

Server? (i'm assuming easy surf)
When did this start? I've been getting lag spikes on easy surf for about a month or two.
Have you tried using !hide to hide other players & their store attachments? Yes
Have you verified your game cache integrity? Yes
Can you define "lag"? I'm assuming it's what you described above, stuttering. Stuttering, teleporting while in mid air, voice comms lagging behind.
Have you done a clean install/update of your video card drivers recently? Yes
Are your internet speeds acceptable? Do you have consistency issues with it? (speed test, extended ping test, packet loss, etc) 50 down, 25 up consistently

There's a ton of factors here at play, and ads have been on the server for quite a long time without issue, and this is the first I hear of it, so I'm just trying to gather more info so I can figure out a plan of attack to fix the issue!

Thought I'd give my input too. More data = more fun for snek!

grandpa ✿

Reaction score
b4792234e032af4191b9540c1848037e.png

i've verified my game cache a few times, and my drivers are 100% updated
i have a solid 40-55 ping on the server and i've never gotten any packet loss

the lag is exactly how i described, though sometimes i feel as if i get bad input lag, though that might not be with your server
it seems to be mostly visual lag with the stuttering and frame loss, and sometimes slight rubber banding
yes this is on the easy surf but i've never played on any others
if you'd like i'll go and check to see if i get lag on any others

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score
There's only really one thing that's changed in the past like 3-4 months server-wise, I'm going to temporarily remove that starting tomorrow and feel free to post and let me know if it changes anything.

If not, to be honest it probably has something to do with the operation update. Every update makes server and client performance worse and worse.

sneaK

Owner
Owner
Administrator
Operations Team
Server Moderator
Reaction score

Semper

Reaction score
Can also vouch for serious input lag. Maybe this is a mistake on my part, but I'm going to bump this thread to see if anymore info comes up.

SillyHillBillyLlama

Reaction score
I hopped on your 1v1 server today and I joined and instantly noticed low frames on my higher than average computer that can run almost anything. Then as I listened to the people in chat, everyone is having this issue. Large frame drops occur constantly and it is almost to the point of unplayable. If there is anything you could do to fix it I would recommend you do.

Noldyy

Former Staff
Former Staff
Reaction score
yeah surf seems good now but 1v1 is pretty shiet even when i go down from 1920 to lower res

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Upcoming Events

Today's birthdays

Discord

Login or Register

Forgot your password?